News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Right-Wingers Pledge to Carry Guns to Bathroom to Fend Off Trans Folks

Started by traci_k, April 26, 2016, 06:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

traci_k

Right-Wingers Pledge to Carry Guns to Bathroom to Fend Off Trans Folks

http://www.advocate.com/transgender/2016/4/25/right-wingers-pledge-carry-guns-bathroom-fend-trans-folks

The Advocate.com
By Sunnivie Brydum
April 25 2016 5:32 PM EDT

Anti-LGBT activists are taking the newfound role of "potty police" to the next level, pledging to carry weapons into public restrooms to "protect" against trans people using the bathroom that matches their gender identity.

The threats came after retailer Target announced Wednesday it would allow transgender patrons to use the restroom of their choice. The policy is a slap at North Carolina's anti-LGBT House Bill 2, which, among other things, bars transgender people from using facilities that correspond with their gender identity, if those are in government buildings; it does let private-sector companies set their own policies. In response to Target's action, at least two right-wing leaders promised to meet trans people in the bathroom — with firearms.

This is becoming ridiculous, are we going to have to have trans-people arming themselves to protect themselves from the right-wing crazies and even the police? What's next shoot-outs over where people can pee in peace?
Traci Melissa Knight
  •  

Deborah

Right wingers are generally full of bluster with no action.  In other words they are FOS.

If one does pull a gun on somebody that is doing nothing wrong they will become felons and go to jail.  If that happens once or twice the rest will crawl back into their dark holes.

Sapere Aude
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

suzifrommd

I object to the headline, which is written in the plural. The article mentioned only one person saying she needed a gun in the restroom and offers no evidence that other people are doing the same.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

rochyrob

That's really just silly. I always believe that it has more to do with their insecurities. Kind of like my previous landlord that always preached against alcohol then got picked up for a DUI.
  •  

Violets

Who needs a zombie apocalypse when you can have a rampant mob of trans people sweeping the USA (only), having their way with unsuspecting women and children in restrooms? Clearly, this menace needs to be stopped at all costs before these perverted deviants take over the world!  :o  :o

Seriously, where is the connection between being transgender and being a sexual predator? I would argue there's more likelihood of a Catholic priest or a politician being up to no good in a restroom than a trans person.

In the case of MtF, are these nut-cases aware of what generally happens to our male sex drive once we start HRT???

•  

PrincessButtercup

Quote from: suzifrommd on April 26, 2016, 09:17:24 AM
I object to the headline, which is written in the plural. The article mentioned only one person saying she needed a gun in the restroom and offers no evidence that other people are doing the same.

I actually know several women with concealed carry permits who have said this. One is a firearms instructor. Honestly, it's not the trans MtF that concerns most folks, it's that by making it legal, it's now opening it up to any pervert to walk into the ladies room and use the "but I'm trans" excuse. And we all know that there's no easy way to determine if someone is or isn't trans.
Female since birth, female til death & an unquestionably inflexible heterosexual CIS female in between who happens to be married to a non-binary male who identifies as male.
  •  

Deborah

It's a good thing that sexual assault is illegal now or else it might happen to somebody!

Sapere Aude
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

RobynD

File under bigots say dumb things to get attention category. Right Wingers love their Wedge issues to drive fear and a flow of money. 10 years ago it was the "Sanctity of Marriage" thing and that of course is lost. They are running out of things to scare people about.

Their foreign policy has resulted in wars that have killed many, and cost a lot. Their war on terror and war on drugs the same thing. Their economic policies are ruination when they are allowed to implement them. More and more people see this - even former republican voters.

They really do not know what to do. Now they choose to try and marginalize trans people to preserve their culture. People are finally seeing through their tactics.

•  

Tessa James

The very sad truth about owning a hand gun is that owners tend to use it on themselves or their family members most frequently.  Armed and dangerous; to themselves and their families mostly.
Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •  

cheryl reeves

What's sad is those wars on drugs,foreign policy,and other wars were first generated by the democratic party..I wish more people would actually study past history and failed politics..
  •  

Eevee

Quote from: cheryl reeves on April 26, 2016, 12:31:00 PM
What's sad is those wars on drugs,foreign policy,and other wars were first generated by the democratic party..I wish more people would actually study past history and failed politics..
Yes, the roles of the Dems and Repubs used to be mostly swapped 70 years ago. They are entirely different monsters now, and that is what actually matters today.

Today's Democrats are supporting us. Today's Republicans want to threaten our lives and well-being.

Eevee

Because its genetic makeup is irregular, it quickly changes its form due to a variety of causes.

•  

cheryl reeves

Actually the democrats are using us for votes like the lbgq did and then throw us away. I never met a honest democrat in my life that's why I'm a republican..
  •  

Eevee

Quote from: cheryl reeves on April 26, 2016, 01:47:05 PM
Actually the democrats are using us for votes like the lbgq did and then throw us away. I never met a honest democrat in my life that's why I'm a republican..
So the argument is that Democrats are just saying they are helping us to use us? How is that worse than Republicans being honest about trying to ruin our lives? The problem here is that Democrats have actually helped us. You can make unconfirmed arguments about their intentions, but the results speak for themselves. Why would I give that up to vote for the person who openly wants to destroy my lifestyle? Please convince me.

Eevee

Because its genetic makeup is irregular, it quickly changes its form due to a variety of causes.

•  

suzifrommd

:police:

This thread looks like it's veered off topic into partisan debate.

Locked.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •