News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

new tg specific wiki

Started by Ellen, May 30, 2005, 08:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ellen

welcome to the new wiki forum ,
this forum is a convient means for letting me or any staff member  know of any suggestions or complaint you might have.
we will try to help or resolve any such items as soon as we can
i am sure this wiki will be a great benifit to all people that come to susans ,
and i will do my best to keep it accurate and no offensive by outside influences

thanks and please enjoy it and add to it
  •  

Susan

Quote from: Leigh on May 30, 2005, 09:33:44 PM
http://www.smyrc.org/

http://www.outsidein.org/services.htm

Two resources for youth in Portland Oregon

Different beasts totally. They use a wiki for site presentation. They are not presenting encyclopedic information on a variety of topics. Consider it like a TG Wikipedia.
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

Erica78

Um this maybe an odd question, but what is Wiki? Is it short for something or is it just a word?
  •  

Sara

A wiki (IPA: [ˈwiː.kiː] <wee-kee> or [ˈwɪ.kiː] <wick-ey>[1]) is a type of website that allows users to easily add and edit content and is especially suited for collaborative writing.

Erica, The term Wiki sometimes refers to collaborative software (wiki engine) that facilitates the operation of such a website.

In essence, wiki is a simplification of the process of creating HTML web pages combined with a system that records each individual change that occurs over time, so that at any time, a page can be reverted to any of its previous states. A wiki system may also provide various tools that allow the user community to easily monitor the constantly changing state of the wiki and discuss the issues that emerge in trying to achieve a general consensus about wiki content. Wiki content can also be misleading as users may add incorrect information to the Wiki page.

Some wikis will allow completely unrestricted access so that people are able to contribute to the site without necessarily having to undergo a process of 'registration' as had usually been required by various other types of interactive websites such as Internet forums or chat sites just like Susan's.

Wiki is sometimes interpreted as the backronym for "What I know is", which describes the knowledge contribution, storage and exchange function.

Sara.
  •  

Erica78

Good Lord woman are you a college professor of some sort. That has to be about the most in depth answer Ive had for that thusfar. Two thumbs up for that. :):):)
  •