Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Summer Solstice

Started by Thundra, June 05, 2007, 09:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thundra

The 20th is the Summer Solstice and time to give thanks for all of the blessings in your life.

Also an excuse to get naked and party all night. Dancing, drinking, anything goes after the ceremony.

Maybe I'll shave my head or let someone carve a design in me.

Anybody else celebrate the change in seasons?

Wicked good fun.
  •  

Cindi Jones

By all means...

It is preceded a few days with a new moon too!  That's when I do the big celebration.  We're having a big cookout before we set up the astronomical instruments and stay up all night sharing views of galaxies and nebulae.

It's nice that it is warm at night for such an activity.  It's sad that these are the shortest nights of the year.

Call me "druish princess"  ;)

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

David W. Shelton

Funny... she doesn't look druish...
  •  

Chaunte

I will admit that I DO tease my students just a little.  I tell them that the days are going to get shorter all summer along and herald the greatest day of the all!  The first day of the next school year!

The looks on my students faces fall so hard you can hear them in the next county!  >:D

Chaunte
  •  

Cindi Jones

Oh yes, I look druish... you can tell by the slope of my forhead.  It's a well known fact ;)

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

Alison

we'll probably commemerate the day with a nature walk... we don't really do formal ritual.. (which is a shame too, we have a gorgeous altar) 
  •  

Shana A

QuoteAnybody else celebrate the change in seasons?

Yes, we always celebrate the solstice. Any chance to dance under the moonlight is good  ;D Not sure what we'll do yet for this year.

zythyra
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

sarah.s

we go to ancient dolmens which are dotted all over the island and get drunk  >:D
  •  

lisagurl

Another month till the winter Solstice. Trumps Xmas.
  •  

Emmalene

Quote from: lisagurl on November 19, 2007, 03:02:34 PM
Another month till the winter Solstice. Trumps Xmas.

Well I actually love Xmas, though it is probably because of its connections to the winter solstice like the winter feeling, the trees, the lights, the beautiful decorations. It is certainly not because I love to stress over buying presents for the friends and family teehee.
  •