Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Good news! I've got a new therapist!

Started by KarlMars, April 30, 2016, 08:17:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KarlMars

I'm excited because I've already gone to a group therapy she leads and next week I'll be in her office having a one on one session. I thought it would be impossible to get on T, but now things are looking easier than they were before.

Elis

Great to hear it; you'll be on T in no time :)
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

Laura_7

•  

KarlMars

Quote from: Elis on April 30, 2016, 10:58:35 AM
Great to hear it; you'll be on T in no time :)

I hope so. I have been so anxious and upset that I would never be able to get it. She couldn't promise that my insurance would cover it, but she sounded mostly positive that it would when I asked. Our first real session is next week. I'll keep you and everyone else updated.

FTMax

Congrats! Good luck. The best thing you could do between now and then would be to research your insurance and see what all they will pay for. You will probably find that it will pay for doctor visits and lab work, but maybe not the T itself. Luckily that is generally the cheapest part.
T: 12/5/2014 | Top: 4/21/2015 | Hysto: 2/6/2016 | Meta: 3/21/2017

I don't come here anymore, so if you need to get in touch send an email: maxdoeswork AT protonmail.com
  •  

KarlMars

She said she thinks my insurance will cover it. She's still taking classes on good letter writing for this purpose. She said I need to be seen 8 weeks before she can write the letter. I'm confident with this therapist. She's very understanding and said it's possible that my other mental health diagnosis may go away after I've been treated with T. That would be wonderful.

KarlMars

Quote from: FTMax on May 01, 2016, 11:08:27 AM
Congrats! Good luck. The best thing you could do between now and then would be to research your insurance and see what all they will pay for. You will probably find that it will pay for doctor visits and lab work, but maybe not the T itself. Luckily that is generally the cheapest part.

My therapist helps with all that too. She helps with my whole transition and if there's any troubles or discrimination.