Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Testosterone gave me cholinergic urticaria; solutions?

Started by sebster, May 26, 2016, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebster

I'm going backpacking in a really hot place in a few weeks and I need not to have heat hives (which I developed after going on T), and I've read elsewhere that another FTM took care of this problem by going on palmetto, which prevents T from turning into DHT, but then that lead to too much T which can then be converted to estrogen which might cause me to start menstruating-- and that's the last thing I need, to be away from home with people who don't know I'm trans in a country where that isn't okay, and getting my period. Is it possible to just go on hormone blockers for a few weeks without losing significant muscle (I already don't have much), getting my period, or having my fat redistribute to a feminine pattern?

Thank you.
  •  

AnonyMs

Any chance you have low vitamin D?

I know someone who got hives because of that, and perhaps the T is just the what's setting it off?
  •  

Dena

I wouldn't recommend anybody go on palmetto after I spend a week researching a thread on the site dealing with the side effects. In some people, that stuff can really be nasty. I would suggest you talk this over with your doctor as there may be other medication that would prevent the hives without altering your treatment.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •