Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

I am on my way

Started by LizK, May 17, 2016, 04:32:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizK

Saw my Dr today and she gave me the script for the hormones. I knew this was happening and of course have been looking forward to finally getting things underway.

Straight from her office to the local chemist some 45-minute drive, leave the script at the Chemist only to come back to get it and find I am being summoned by the Chemist Lady to have a chat. The good Dr when writing the script did not put any of her details on the top of the script...the area was left blank and of course, they can not fill it without the practitioner number and details. The chemist asked me about the prescribing Dr details and gave her the Name and Phone number. She then asked if the script was for me and as soon as I said yes, her attitude changed, from just being friendly and professional,to being a human being. She understood immediately the sensitive nature of the script and handled it entirely herself. She even took my payment with a polite and discreet apology if she had caused me any distress.

I Raced home, to be reminded as I walked in the door, that my Daughter had been up to see me before the Dr's and bought be a big bunch of flowers that my wife had arranged for me before she went out.... Couple of selfies with the pills and then out to toast the sunshine with coffee and my first dose.  :)

In about June of last year I came to Susans and was in an absolute mess. The only future I could see, was me ending up in a pine box. I found here friendly, helpful and sane(in the most part) people. Thank you Susan for this site, you do a fantastic job at keeping us safe, among other things. Thank you to the moderators who do a fantastic job and thank you to each and every one of you that responded to my posts, you all helped me to find a way through the fog.

One other thing though, I keep finding myself grinning like a fool for no apparent reason...wonder why that could be. :D :D ;)

Liz K 
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

AnonyMs

•  

Cindy

Lovely!!!!

Congrats darling.

Cindy
  •  

Katiepie

Good to hear good news!!! Glad that the service of Susan's has created the environment that ot has and helping yet another human a right to live <3

Kate <3
My life motto: Wake Up and BE Awesome!

"Every minute of your life that you allow someone to dictate your emotions, is a minute of your life you are allowing them to control you." - a dear friend of mine.

Stay true to yourself no matter the consequence, for this is your life, your decision, your trust in which will shape your future. Believe in yourself, if you don't then no one will.
  •  

Ms Grace

Congrats!

A selfie with your pills? Is that a "pilfie"? ;D
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

LizK

A "pilfie" I like that...maybe we should have a "pilfie" thread... ;D
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Katiepie on May 17, 2016, 06:16:15 AM
Good to hear good news!!! Glad that the service of Susan's has created the environment that ot has and helping yet another human a right to live <3

Kate <3

Thanks Katiepie

I was a member of another board before this one but it had very few posters, very little dialogue. So when I found Susan's it was like the flood gates of information opened...and better still other people could and did say to me...I can understand how you feel because I feel this way but this is what Io did to cope.  Many things have helped to keep me sane over the last few months none more so than this board.

Liz K
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

JS UK

Congrats. I hope you find estrogen as pleasurable as I have.

Julie xx
If you want to walk on water you've got to get out of the boat!
  •  

Denise

I'm excited for you. 
1st Person out: 16-Oct-2015
Restarted Spironolactone 26-Aug-2016
Restarted Estradiol Valerate: 02-Nov-2016
Full time: 02-Mar-2017
Breast Augmentation (Schechter): 31-Oct-2017
FFS (Walton in Chicago): 25-Sep-2018
Vaginoplasty (Schechter): 13-Dec-2018

A haiku in honor of my grandmother who loved them.

The Voices are Gone
Living Life to the Fullest
I am just Denise
  •  

islandgirl

Congrats! Exciting times ahead. Enjoy the journey. I remember getting my meds. My Endo is about an half and a half away from home. I had at the largest grin on my face for the whole drive home - even when I had tears of joy coming down my face!
  •  

StillAnonymous

Yeah, I like the activity here a lot.  Congratulations on the next step.  Everyone prior to HRT just seems so sad... and then they begin it and they post all of these exciting and perky messages.  Beginning HRT has been a huge relief for myself and I am confident you will experience something similar.

It's not an overnight process, but the small and gradual changes keep me excited about it.  It's like growing levels in a video game.  It excites me even more when others (all who are unaware) point out something like smaller arms, nicer skin and hair, and most importantly...  my noticeably increased happiness.

Yay!

•  

BeverlyAnn

Elizabeth, that's soooooo wonderful.  Regarding that grin, here in the Southern US, we call that "grinnin' like a possum eatin' a sweet tater."  Don't worry about a translation, just assume it's a good thing.  Hopefully, I'll be grinnin' the same way this Friday.
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde

•  

LizK

Thank you all for the kind words, it finally feels like I have started my transition properly. I don't really expect to notice too much or anything really for at least a week, although I am highly sensitive to new drugs but tend to build tolerance to them fairly quickly. Having a chronic illness teaches you to be acutely attuned to any changes occurring in your system especially when a new drug is introduced. I suspect this one is going to make me a little nauseous, thirsty and bring on hot flushes (had a couple already) another week and I will know for sure if this is just the initial side effects which will fade over time or a more permanent visitor.

I am far more excited today about my future than I have been for as long as I can remember. ;D ;D

Liz K
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

DianeofCarlsbad

Wonderful and best of everything for you..

I have just started HRT a week ago and I anticipate so much that I think I may be disappointed if its not as what I am expecting. However I do know that everyone differs on HRT and my experience will be different then others. And changes will occur I just need to let nature take its course.

Would love to hear as you progress. I am reporting on my HRT  in Hormone replacement therapy under the topic "HRT Begins"
  •  

juliehope

Hi Liz

Congratulations. I remember the feeling so well, but the best part was the first 6 months and the changes I have seen to my body and mind.

Sadly, my wife could not cope with the real me and we had to part. Your wife appears very supportive. I hope that you find true happiness.

love Jools x
;)
  •  

LizK

Quote from: juliehope on May 19, 2016, 12:56:49 PM
Hi Liz

Congratulations. I remember the feeling so well, but the best part was the first 6 months and the changes I have seen to my body and mind.

Sadly, my wife could not cope with the real me and we had to part. Your wife appears very supportive. I hope that you find true happiness.

love Jools x

Thanks Jools

I am acutely aware of any medication changes I have...after 16 years of all sorts of medication I have become quite attuned at recognising what each one does. So far I have had the awareness but not much else...which is what I expected and even that sensation is fading today. How long for you was it before you could start to see/feel changes...I am on a sliding scale increasing to 4 times the current does by the beginning of month three.

I was so worried about my wife and kids I never really took the time to get excited by the prospect of the changes with HRT but now that I am on the way I feel really quite excited. My wife is incredibly supportive but I felt that this was quite a milestone for her as well so wanted to use "kid gloves" I do feel a bit better than I have in ages and my wife and Daughter both commented that I "look better" in my general demeanor that I have in a long time. Whether or not this is an effect of the HRT or Psychological I don't care...I feel better than I did and that is what counts for me at the moment.  :) :)

Liz

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •