Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Vic au birth certificate issues

Started by Serenation, May 09, 2016, 10:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serenation

Today I got my new birth certificate, before I applied for it I rang them and made sure it was worth getting and wouldn't mention previous names and was told of course it doesn't what would be the point of getting a new birth certificate if it did.

Got the new certificate today, was very excited but it has a big block on it saying I had previous names. Although it does not mention what the name was, I can't think of any other situation a birth certificate would say this other than being a special transsexual birth certificate.

Very disappointed I still can't use this for ID since it outs me.
I will touch a 100 flowers and not pick one.
  •  

kelly_aus

Pretty standard. I know cis people who have changed their name here in Vic and yes, the back does list previous names. Mine has my previous name on the back and, more amusingly, came addressed to the old name. I think it's standard in all states.
  •  

AnonyMs

Quote from: Serenation on May 09, 2016, 10:42:45 PM
Got the new certificate today, was very excited but it has a big block on it saying I had previous names. Although it does not mention what the name was, I can't think of any other situation a birth certificate would say this other than being a special transsexual birth certificate.

I'd never have guessed trans as being a reason, and I am trans. I don't think its something people think about. But who's going to see it anyway that has an reason to ask about it?
  •  

Serenation

Quote from: kelly_aus on May 10, 2016, 12:09:21 AM
Pretty standard. I know cis people who have changed their name here in Vic and yes, the back does list previous names. Mine has my previous name on the back and, more amusingly, came addressed to the old name. I think it's standard in all states.

standard for name change, not for gender change
I will touch a 100 flowers and not pick one.
  •