Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Trump: Rescind Obama’s transgender directives, but ‘protect everybody’

Started by suzifrommd, May 17, 2016, 06:56:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eevee

Quote from: Cindi Jones on May 17, 2016, 06:59:44 PM
Before his meeting with Ryan, he said that "they should be able to use the bathroom they want." When asked which restroom Cait Jenner should use in his tower, he said, "She should use the bathroom she wants."

His current stance has definitely moved more in line to what the party wants. Same story for other issues. Note his change in tune concerning the great wall. Now it's a suggestion. Before it was "We're going to build a wall. You can count on that."

He's clearly been told what he can't say anymore.
Oh, you're saying that he has softened his views to be more favorable to the typical GOP stance? Well I can definitely see that. That's exactly what I was afraid of.

Eevee

Because its genetic makeup is irregular, it quickly changes its form due to a variety of causes.

•  

Cindi Jones

Uh.. yeah. I saw a strong statement softening to mush. He's moving far right which, in many circles, would be hard and not soft.
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

WorkingOnThomas

Quote from: Newfie on May 17, 2016, 05:10:21 PM
Bashing Trump is a no-no but bashing Clinton is OK?

As for the fall of the Roman empire, I assume you mean the Western empire, and there are a myriad of theories and causes for its collapse, from natural disasters, to the over-reliance on slave labor, to the lack of interest in the military, to the prevalence of barbarian tribes and the reliance on mercenaries from those same tribes to protect the borders, to coups from their generals, to the rise of Christianity and the subsequent fall of tolerance for other religions.

Federal protections are what protect minorities, particularly at the state level. If we didn't need the federal government's intervention then their actions to protect minorities would be redundant. Modern events show otherwise, with ever-increasing legislation against us as a class on the state level.

This!

Signed,

A Historian
  •  

Colleen M

I don't actually have a problem with federalism as a default position on government authority, although I move further from it as time goes on.  But occasionally it has been necessary for the federal government to overrule the state in order to protect the individual.  I lament each time states make it necessary for Uncle Sam to step in as it reduces their independence, but we only find ourselves in these situations when states abuse their authority over their citizens.

The Romans indeed had a long list of components in their fall. To the reasons already mentioned I'd add communication limits, budgetary constraints, questionable military "reforms", and patronage off the top of my head, but it's been a while since I read Gibbon or Luttwak.   

I'm disappointed but not surprised by Trump here.  It pretty much forces me to hold my nose and vote against him.       
When in doubt, ignore the moral judgments of anybody who engages in cannibalism.
  •  

cheryl reeves

So a woman who has stood bye while 4 Americans were mudered in benghazi,emails on a private server that Russia has 20,000 of. How about the Clinton foundation which is a money laundering scheme designed to help out despot leaders hide money. So this woman who is a notorious lair is a better choice then Donald Trump? Am I missing something or do I just know the Clintons background then most here? Remeber when they moved out of the white house at the end of Billy's term and stole 80,000 dollars of white house items that did not belong to them,or Billy's treatment of women, the Clinton foundation pays women 85 percent less then their male counterpart. Trump pays women more then their male counterparts,trump treats women better then the Clintons do.
  •  

suzifrommd

:police:

I think this thread has run its course. This is not the right platform for a political debate about which candidate is superior.

Thread locked.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •