Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

training yourself to be feminine

Started by kiteless, June 04, 2016, 03:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gertrude

Quote from: katiej on June 05, 2016, 05:45:15 PM
Of course it was single malt.  Laphraoig 10 :)
The rough stuff. :) I like 18 year old Macallan. It's getting expensive though and I've slummed down to Aberlour 12.

Sent from my iPhone, inspected and certified by the NSA
  •  

Gertrude

I haven't transitioned yet, but I think how I would dress depends on the activities. I tend to have better taste en femme and would dress a little better for work. Sometimes I'm surprised what some women wear to work or school ( I work in a university). Its 110 out and they wear jeans, meanwhile I'd love to wear a cool dress or skirt. On the other hand if I am riding my motorcycle or working in the yard, I'll dress appropriately.  Sometimes I've heard middle aged women talk about having to wear dresses and skirts as if they were men. I think for some that grew up having to wear feminine attire reject it now because they have choices. I still don't understand pants in hot weather. :)

•  

kiteless

Quote from: Gertrude on June 08, 2016, 04:50:46 PM
I haven't transitioned yet, but I think how I would dress depends on the activities. I tend to have better taste en femme and would dress a little better for work. Sometimes I'm surprised what some women wear to work or school ( I work in a university). Its 110 out and they wear jeans, meanwhile I'd love to wear a cool dress or skirt. On the other hand if I am riding my motorcycle or working in the yard, I'll dress appropriately.  Sometimes I've heard middle aged women talk about having to wear dresses and skirts as if they were men. I think for some that grew up having to wear feminine attire reject it now because they have choices. I still don't understand pants in hot weather. :)

well a lot of it has to do with most women's clothing being made to objectify/sexualize women when men's clothing generally allows men a lot more leeway to take on a non-sexual role, when women are seen as 'slobs' for doing the same. sometimes it feels flattering and powerful to have all the boys looking at you, and other times, it feels creepy and demeaning. ultimately if they could keep themselves under control i think a lot of people would feel safer wearing dresses.
  •  

Gertrude

Quote from: kiteless on June 08, 2016, 06:02:40 PM
well a lot of it has to do with most women's clothing being made to objectify/sexualize women when men's clothing generally allows men a lot more leeway to take on a non-sexual role, when women are seen as 'slobs' for doing the same. sometimes it feels flattering and powerful to have all the boys looking at you, and other times, it feels creepy and demeaning. ultimately if they could keep themselves under control i think a lot of people would feel safer wearing dresses.

I never feel or felt sexualized in a dress, but I don't wear anything racy or short. I think though that women's clothes in general are lighter fabric than men's clothes. I can't believe the difference in weight at times. That said, I never used the term slob, but I do think that with some jobs, women should dress better. This has nothing to do with sexualization at all. I think either sex can think a certain look is attractive. My wife loves it if I wear a suit and tie, but I'd rather wear a skirt suit or sheath with jacket. :) Can't win.
  •  

barbie

I am over 50 and the students I teach at the university are at the ages of my two sons.
I wear miniskirt everyday. As sneakers (athletic shoes) are now in trend, I also wear them like college girls.
Students tend to be more friendly to me, saying to me easily.

Few women at my age wear like me, or even they no longer care about their appearance. Even most women who are 20 years younger than me wear drab clothes. When I am with them, men say like "your girls should take care of fashion and wear like (me)!". One guy compared those women to tucks while me to a brand-new sports car.

A few weeks ago, students gave the department uniform t-shirt to me as gift:

And, I wear bikini, too. Even most girls here at their 20s do not dare to wear it in the beach.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

alex82

Quote from: barbie on June 09, 2016, 09:31:01 AM
When I am with them, men say like "your girls should take care of fashion and wear like (me)!". One guy compared those women to tucks while me to a brand-new sports car.

Well you have a great figure.

These men on the other hand, should mind their own business about what young girls are wearing. That's the last thing anyone needs is the opposite sex pointing out where they're going wrong and comparing them to other women To Their Faces. That's unbelievably rude. Unless they look like a young Brad Pitt, I'd be telling them where to go - whether or not I was on the flattering end of their approval.
  •  

Gertrude

Quote from: barbie on June 09, 2016, 09:31:01 AM
I am over 50 and the students I teach at the university are at the ages of my two sons.
I wear miniskirt everyday. As sneakers (athletic shoes) are now in trend, I also wear them like college girls.
Students tend to be more friendly to me, saying to me easily.

Few women at my age wear like me, or even they no longer care about their appearance. Even most women who are 20 years younger than me wear drab clothes. When I am with them, men say like "your girls should take care of fashion and wear like (me)!". One guy compared those women to tucks while me to a brand-new sports car.

A few weeks ago, students gave the department uniform t-shirt to me as gift:

And, I wear bikini, too. Even most girls here at their 20s do not dare to wear it in the beach.

barbie~~

I tend to be more conservative in dress and for good reason: I'm not skinny like you. :)

•  

barbie

Quote from: alex82 on June 09, 2016, 09:53:08 AM
Well you have a great figure.

These men on the other hand, should mind their own business about what young girls are wearing. That's the last thing anyone needs is the opposite sex pointing out where they're going wrong and comparing them to other women To Their Faces. That's unbelievably rude.

Yes. That is true. But there was some subtle difference. It could sound like a joke, as I am not a cis-woman. Comparing a cis-woman with another cis-woman could be very rude. I was also surprised on that comment, but those women also surprisingly took it so easily. Later, some of them said to me that they will wear a nice outfit when they meet me again, and they did. They also give me a lot of advice on makeup and fashion.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Gertrude on June 09, 2016, 01:24:31 PM
I tend to be more conservative in dress and for good reason: I'm not skinny like you. :)

Yes. That is a part of the reason. Both young and aged women say that they envy my body figure, asking the secret method. I always reply: running outdoors.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Gertrude

Quote from: barbie on June 09, 2016, 05:25:45 PM
Yes. That is a part of the reason. Both young and aged women say that they envy my body figure, asking the secret method. I always reply: running outdoors.

barbie~~

That won't help me. I am just too big to begin with.  ;)
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Gertrude on June 09, 2016, 09:12:39 PM
That won't help me. I am just too big to begin with.  ;)

You may start by walking or biking!
I sometimes walk for more than 2 hours.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Gertrude

Quote from: barbie on June 10, 2016, 03:04:50 AM
You may start by walking or biking!
I sometimes walk for more than 2 hours.

barbie~~

Sure, but I am 6'5, size 14 men's shoes. I'll never be dainty with a 54" chest and 18" arms and that's without working out.
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Stevie on June 05, 2016, 11:55:38 PM
  I see it as dropping the facade of trying to act like a guy, I had to suppress my femininity when I was growing up. I had  four older brothers to beat it out of me, two of them were so abusive that I have had bones broken and been stabbed by one of them.  My mother was an emergency room nurse and she sewed up the stab wound so my brother wouldn't get in trouble.

I had suppressed and concealed my femininity during the 40 years after my birth, and I have strong feeling and motivation to express it hurriedly. I could not and will not have much time like other women: probably 10 years at most, but I am not quite sure. Compensation for the lost 40 years. This may explain why I tend to wear boldly compared with other ordinary women. Both men and women say that they would prefer my wearing longer skirts.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Gertrude on June 10, 2016, 07:57:45 AM
Sure, but I am 6'5, size 14 men's shoes. I'll never be dainty with a 54" chest and 18" arms and that's without working out.

I sometimes wear 5 inch heels and I know how many people, both men and I women, I attract. Especially men do not like such tall women: I had a bad experience. Women tend to like my height. One young woman once approached me, asking me whether I am a transgender person: there was a "transgender bar" near by.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

barbie

Quote from: April_TO on June 06, 2016, 07:48:10 AM
Thanks Cindi for pointing this out. I have seen some not all that would wear fish net at 10 am.
I understand if you wish you to be noticed, but I don't see a lot of women wearing fish nets especially during that time of day.
I say learn how to dress by observing women at around your age level and see if you can adapt a thing or two.

I do wear fish net at 10 am, and even at 6 am.
I love fishnet!
But not so many people watched me.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Paige

Quote from: Gertrude on June 08, 2016, 04:40:04 PM
The rough stuff. :) I like 18 year old Macallan. It's getting expensive though and I've slummed down to Aberlour 12.

Someone should start a scotch thread.  My favourite is Talisker but I wouldn't turn down Laphroaig or Macallan.

Paige :)
  •  

Gertrude

Quote from: Paige on June 10, 2016, 02:40:48 PM
Someone should start a scotch thread.  My favourite is Talisker but I wouldn't turn down Laphroaig or Macallan.

Paige :)

I've always wanted to try talisker, but haven't had the chance.

•  

barbie

Quote from: Gertrude on June 10, 2016, 06:16:27 PM

Uh-oh. Do they really inspect and certify?

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Gertrude

Quote from: barbie on June 10, 2016, 07:25:41 PM
Uh-oh. Do they really inspect and certify?

barbie~~

It's sort of a joke, but every packet of data and voice on the internet/publicly switched network in the US goes through NSA inspection. I just assume it's certified because I haven't had a visit from them.
  •  

Lyric

Oh, yes. Many government agencies and businesses constantly scan the entire Internet for text and images of interest to them. Facial recognition software has become so sophisticated they can quickly draw up every photo of a person ever posted on the web or sent in an email (included things that have been deleted). Many systems form personality profile databases on as many people as they can can, drawing on everything we post on the web. It's actually very easy for them to form a very clear picture of who a person is that way. And if you want to write something privately, you have to do it on paper.
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." - Steve Jobs
  •