Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

How we treat one another

Started by Marlee, June 18, 2016, 09:15:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marlee

this one is a good read for all of us regarding how we regard ourselves and view one another.
It hit home for me since being just minorly dysphoric, I've often doubted myself, and wonder if others doubt me too, when I say I am transgender.

http://everydayfeminism.com/2015/08/not-all-trans-folks-dysphoria/

•  

BirlPower

I'm with you on this. I have great sympathy for our sisters and brothers who are tormented by dysporia but I've never experienced it myself. At least not with my body. Wearing male clothing makes me pretty uncomfortable now but I've always been happy with my body. Breasts and hips would be nice but I don't hate my body for not having them and quite like being able to put them on and take them off in silicon form depending on my mood and the situation. This has made me feel less trans than others when reading about others dysporia and I can feel unworthy, like I'm just playing at it. It shouldn't be this complicated. I hope future generations will be allowed to just be whoever they want to be, whenever they want and not have to agonise about what is, at the end of the day, something that shouldn't matter to anyone but ourselves.
  •  

Elis

Great article; thanks for sharing :). I must admit I have a bit of internalised trans phobia about people who simply don't feel completely happy about their assigned gender and instead feel more comfortable living as another gender. But this has gotten a lot better since realising I'm slightly nb and becoming more comfortable with it. As well as realising I don't fit the stereotypical trans mold of hating my body and feeling 'trapped' that the media loves to perpetuate. I don't really having any bottom dysphoria and although I feel deeply dysphoric about my chest; as long as I don't think about it I'm fine.
They/them pronouns preferred.

•