Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Solve the Problem of Gendered Bathrooms?

Started by karenpayneoregon, May 27, 2016, 07:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tasha_

Lol anjaq.... you hit it right on.... accept as a man I used to use women's restroom if men's was full.... never had a problem.... now though, I am worried to use the men's because of bigots....
  •  

mac1

Quote from: EmilyMK03 on July 14, 2016, 03:06:03 PM
The thing I dislike about all-gender or unisex bathrooms is that you always end up with men peeing on the toilet seats.  I don't want to have to wipe urine off the toilet seat every time I go to the restroom.   ugh.

I have heard that also happens in the women's restroom as some women hover over the seat.
?
  •  

Tasha_

What's funny is that the men's restrooms SEEM cleaner than the women's restrooms like 80 percent of the time in my experience....
  •  

anjaq

Well - mens restrooms are cleaner when it comes to the toilet seats usually, as long as there are urinals there - those are smelly then, but if they would be in a separate room or something, I would not care ;) - as long as men do not try to aim into a regular toilet bowl... But yes - since most women seem to hover as squat over public toilet seats, those can be a bit messy, too, however its harder for women to really mess up the floor all round the toilet.

I think anyways, the best wouold be to use the asian or southern european variant for public toilets

I know this looks uncomfortable and I would not want to have this in my home, but honestly, it is a lot easier to squat and hover over those compared to trying this on regular seat toilets which are dirts anyways in public toilets.
They should provide toilet paper though, unlike in some asian countries ;)

Oh and of course, if i use a mens room because the womens room has a long waiting line, we usually stand guard ;) - so we do not really like to use it while men are actually in there as well, unless it is really an emergency pee situation ;). Usually men just laugh at it, knowing about the problem of the waiting lines - I never had a man complain about a woman being in the mens room, but depending on the situation (and alcohol levels) they can sometimes make sexual remarks, which is annoying...

•  

Elena1270

Quote from: EmilyMK03 on July 14, 2016, 03:06:03 PM
The thing I dislike about all-gender or unisex bathrooms is that you always end up with men peeing on the toilet seats.  I don't want to have to wipe urine off the toilet seat every time I go to the restroom.   ugh.

Or on the floor. I mean really? If you cant aim then sit or squat!! I dont want my pants soaking up your liquid effluent and then being deposited all over my car and my home!! I shouldn't have to clean up the floor after you so I can do my business. YUCK!!
  •  

anjaq

That sounds pretty disgusting. It happens in womens bathrooms as well though. Probably mostly when some women squat because they do not want to sit down on that public seat and then they "spray" for some reason. It happened to me already, too - Its disgusting and happens if they put up the toilet seat too high so you cannot squat properly but also have it too dirty to want to sit down. I considered getting those foldable paper toilet seat covers and bring them with me all the time

•  

Deborah

I'm just happy to have one indoors, whatever the gender.  When I first met my wife, the bathroom was an enclosed space next to a cow stall and the toilet was an open pit.  Anything is better than that was.
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •