Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Interstitial Cystitis

Started by WarGrowlmon1990, June 29, 2016, 03:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WarGrowlmon1990

Does anybody else on here have this painful bladder disease? I tried to find resources about it online but basically all of it that I read is geared towards cisgender women.  :-\  Going through articles like that is counter productive cause it just reminds me of my dysphoria and how the majority of people see me as a woman.

But yeah, back to the I.C. There's no cure for it yet and it gets really bad some days. I try to manage it with diet but stress can cause some of my worst bladder flares. During my worst flares it feels as if there is burning glass in my bladder. The fact that I'm going to the bathroom so often is one of the reasons why nobody will hire me. I lucked out with my partner having a good job, but I feel like such a burden sometimes because of this disease. I manage the pain with THC pills prescribed by my urologist and by smoking marijuana, but it doesn't make the pain magically go away. It does help me sleep and get through the pain though.
  •