Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Discrimination backfire

Started by Terra, October 22, 2007, 07:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terra

For those of you who are sick of all the discrimination out there, today I got a story that might give you some hope for the state of things.

After almost a month unemployed, (for school reasons) I have finally gotten a new job. I was lucky enough to get the subway that is right next door to my dorm, and I gotta say its great to work fast food that doesn't involve grease!  ;)

Anyways, one of the girls I work with figured me out right away, and the other guy thought I was a girl at first. ;D But they and all the other employees were very nice and supportive. Well almost. Yesterday I was told I was fired, mostly due to some minor things, by the store manager. She told me as if it were an after thought after canceling each day individually for the last 4 days of the six days i've worked. I was planning to talk to the area manager to complain like the others had suggested, when I get called in to have a meeting.

Turns out I wasn't fired, the store manager didn't have that power. In fact, the area manager turns out to be a big anti discrimination and was furious that she had even tried to do this. Especially after the entire staff threatened to quit if I was fired for being trans. :o As you can tell, I was shocked and touched at the same time at the support I got from my new coworkers.

As for the store manager, after this and reports on her not doing her job, I was told that it is very likely she won't be working there anymore, or if she is she will have to be on her best behavior. So in her trying to get rid of me she only hurt herself.

I love it when the jerks get theirs, and discrimination gets beaten down.

"If you quit before you try, you don't deserve to dream." -grandmother
  •  

Lori

That is the best thing I have read in a very long time. Thank you for sharing.
"In my world, everybody is a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!"

If the shoe fits, buy it in every color.
  •  

Kat

This is indeed awesome. And that manager got what they deserved.
  •  

J.T.

•  

Mario

•  

Omika

Ha ha, what a stupid brat.

From a standpoint concerned solely with business, discrimination costs way more money than tolerance.  I think employers are finally getting that into their thick skulls.

~ BB
  •  

shanetastic

Hey Angel,

That's awesome about what happened!!! :)  Maybe you can make me a subway sometime!
trying to live life one day at a time
  •  

Pysgod

I hope her atrocious record follows her along.
  •  

Wing Walker

Hi, Angel,

Good show!  Thank you for sharing.  I've been on the receiving end of discrimination myself and I am especially pleased to hear a winner's story!

Keep on keepin' on!

Wing Walker
  •  

buttercup

Great to hear Angel that she got hers!  >:D 
Sorry that you had to experience discrimination first hand though.
  •  

Pica Pica

•  

RebeccaFog

yes, good on your co-workers.

Good for you too.
  •  

Laura Elizabeth Jones

•