Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Worcester, MA TG Therapist???

Started by VenessaKyle, April 18, 2017, 05:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VenessaKyle

Well hello to everyone!! Now that I got that out of the way. I was hoping if anyone in MA Worcester area knows of any Therapist who specializes in Gender issues! Or knows of any support groups that are friendly to "newbies". Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
😇😸✌👄💕👗
  •  

findingreason

There's the therapist link here on this website, as well as on Laura's:

https://www.susans.org/links/Healthcare/Therapists_&_Counselors/USA/
http://www.lauras-playground.com/gender-therapists

Hopefully these will help you be able to find a therapist that specializes in gender issues. :)

•  

VenessaKyle

Quote from: findingreason on April 18, 2017, 05:43:02 PM
There's the therapist link here on this website, as well as on Laura's:

https://www.susans.org/links/Healthcare/Therapists_&_Counselors/USA/
http://www.lauras-playground.com/gender-therapists

Hopefully these will help you be able to find a therapist that specializes in gender issues. :)
[emoji6]thanks, I really do appreciate it!!! I've been having a hard time finding a TG therapist in my area that takes my Health Insurance

😇😸✌👄💕👗
  •  

Devlyn

Fenway Health girl here, but I went through their informed consent protocol for hormones, no therapy required. Commuter rail will take you right to them. They do support meetings too, all are welcome to those.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

VenessaKyle

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on April 18, 2017, 06:02:30 PM
Fenway Health girl here, but I went through their informed consent protocol for hormones, no therapy required. Commuter rail will take you right to them. They do support meetings too, all are welcome to those.

Hugs, Devlyn
I'm a very shy anxious person. I'm not open about being trans. I've heard very good things about Fenway Health, may I ask you what the atmosphere is like there? As in what is the office people like? Do they put you at ease? Are there mostly female or males that work there? I get very anxious an uncomfortable talking to a male about this sorta...

😇😸✌👄💕👗
  •  

findingreason

Quote from: VenessaKyle on April 18, 2017, 05:52:47 PM
[emoji6]thanks, I really do appreciate it!!! I've been having a hard time finding a TG therapist in my area that takes my Health Insurance

Not a problem! I hope it helps! :)

•  

Devlyn

Are you looking for hormones, therapy, or letters? I know you've read a thousand times that the first step is a gender therapist, but not everyone needs therapy. Informed consent is the way to go for hormones once you've decided that you're ready.

Quote from: VenessaKyle on April 18, 2017, 06:18:45 PM
I'm a very shy anxious person. I'm not open about being trans. I've heard very good things about Fenway Health, may I ask you what the atmosphere is like there? As in what is the office people like? Do they put you at ease? Are there mostly female or males that work there? I get very anxious an uncomfortable talking to a male about this sorta...

The office is like being in P-town. Everyone is gay, lesbian, or transgender. It looks like half the Staff is, too. I go to the South End office, it's small, cozy, and everyone is friendly. You'll be addressed by your chosen name, and the right pronouns will be used. You choose your doctor, so if you don't want a male, it isn't a problem.

It went like this for me. Sign in, wait a few minutes, then get called in for weight, height, temp, blood pressure, etc. Wait a few more minutes for the doctor. Doctor walks in, greets me and tells me right off the bat that she helps people get on hormones if it's what they want, not keep hormones away from people. Then she asks for my story of how I came to be sitting in her office looking for hormones. You will have to talk about it then. I gave her the twenty minute condensed me, and she said "You've put a lot of thought into this. Get your blood drawn on the way out and as long as you're healthy enough we'll put you on a starter dose in a week."

It was that easy. She was friendly, and excited, very easy to talk to about personal matters. I'm sure you would be fine. I walked out of there on clouds knowing that I was going to be approved for hormones in a week.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

VenessaKyle

Hii Devlyn, I'm actually looking for all three, I am looking to take the "informed consent". I would like to be able to talk with a therapist on a week to week basis too. It may sound dumb an silly buy to be honest the one thing that was holding me back from going there was the fear I would get looked at funny bevy they weren't people within this community...if that makes any sense?

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell me experience it was truly helpful!!!

😇😸✌👄💕👗
  •  

VenessaKyle

Quote from: VenessaKyle on April 18, 2017, 07:48:07 PM
I would get looked at funny because they weren't people within this community***

Is what I meant to type!!! lol

😇😸✌👄💕👗
  •  

Devlyn

It's a wonderful experience, I think you should schedule a visit as soon as possible. They have navigators to help you work it out with your insurance, or they can help you get insurance. Give them a call!

Hugs, Devlyn
  •