Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Work Question Bathroom and Pronouns

Started by thegator, August 01, 2016, 12:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegator

so i was working for a company what told me i am not allowed to use the womens bathroom UNLESS they CLEAR IT OUT FIRST.

meaning EMPTY BATHROOM but i was to feel free to use a Single Lock Bathroom anytime.

i was also called Male Pronouns since my in take / interview.

i was told we under stand you are Transgender and we see here your Court order for Name and Gender change, but we feel you might be a TICKING TIME BOOM waitting to happen if people call you Male things.

the whole time durning this in take the Interviewer kept calling me Male Pronouns and after the interview made a comment saying well did you notice how many times i called your Male Pronouns glad to see you did not get mad or blow up at me. but still feel you are a ticking time boom but we shall give you a shoot you start on thsi date & time.

i worked for 1 month but... 99% of the time was Male Pronouns and always complained on for using the FEMALE BATHROOM.

i live in the state of CA [USA] this happen 2016.

since then i turned in Resignation and left.

but i do want to seek legal action or file something if possible!

there was one time i came from the bathroom and another employee told me YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO USE THE WOMENS BATHROOM THE MENS IS OVER THERE!

i asked for her area manager for that floor and the lady said so sorry we did not know you are a women pissed i had to show my ID to prove it
[Nothing herein is meant to be construed as legal advice]
  •  

Michelle_P

Good grief.  In California, even?

http://www.alrp.org/wp-content/uploads/318/Summary-of-California-State-Law.pdf
QuoteIt is unlawful for an employer to refuse to hire or employ a person or to discharge a person from employment or to discriminate against a person in compensation or in terms, conditions, or privileges of employment because of the person's gender identity. Cal. Gov't. Code Section 12940(a), Cal. Gov't Code Section 12926(p).

That sounds like harassment and a hostile workplace to me, but my daughter's the lawyer.  I'm just retired. :)

The Transgender Law Center in Oakland, California might be worth contacting.

http://transgenderlawcenter.org/

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •