News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

How to HRT?

Started by 一二三四, November 06, 2016, 09:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

一二三四

Hello,everyone ,nice to meet you!
I am chinese。In china there is no hospital which treat transgenders。We transgenders have to look for useful information on  Internet。In the information ,some are useful ,but the other may be harmful
I heard that in some countys transgenders can be well HRT by regular hospital。Can I be lucky enough to meet someone that tell me  what drug they use and how to use?
I'm not good at English 。 If somewhere is incorrect,I'm very very sorry
You can also send to my E-mail:okok2013@foxmail.com
  •  

Dena

Welcome to Susan's Place. The site rules prohibit providing dosage information but we can tell you how to be treated safely. Normally a form of Estradiol is used for MTFs and blood levels are checked looking for a value between 100-200 pg/ml. To do this you will need to find a place that can check both hormone levels and run general blood tests including liver function test as the biggest risk is liver damage. You also might want to check this thread as it contains other information that you may find useful.

We issue to all new members the following links so you will best be able to use the web site.

Things that you should read

Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

KayXo

Quote from: Dena on November 07, 2016, 12:03:59 AM
Normally a form of Estradiol is used for MTFs and blood levels are checked looking for a value between 100-200 pg/ml.

The safest form of estradiol is bio-identical estradiol, called 17 beta estradiol (hemihydrate) or estradiol valerate. Not all doctors aim for for 100-200 pg/ml, some believe levels aren't important and base themselves on physical and psychological results. My levels are several fold higher and I'm healthy, and doing fine. I'm under the supervision of three doctors.

QuoteTo do this you will need to find a place that can check both hormone levels and run general blood tests including liver function test as the biggest risk is liver damage.

Liver damage is a risk most commonly observed with high dose cyproterone acetate, flutamide (they are anti-androgens) and moderate-high dose non bio-identical estrogens. The greatest risk is actually deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism, most often associated with oral non bio-identical estrogen and some progestogens, it seems.

I'm not a doctor but thought it was important to clarify things. Please be safe. :)

I am not a medical doctor, nor a scientist - opinions expressed by me on the subject of HRT are merely based on my own review of some of the scientific literature over the last decade or so, on anecdotal evidence from women in various discussion forums that I have come across, and my personal experience

On HRT since early 2004
Post-op since late 2005
  •