Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Mariah's GRS with Dr. Meltzer 10/27/16 and Post surgical journey.

Started by Mariah, August 18, 2016, 09:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

Well that would certainly be a good thing I'm sure. Happy things are looking better for you.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Mariah

So, it has been a few months since I last saw Dr. Meltzer for the granulation issue along with the fact of the lost width/ depth caused by the granulation. I'm starting to be able to get 3 in at times, however generally it just doesn't get beyond close to where the muscle is. It's about where things were sown together at the time of my surgery. So, we are trying something new. Starting today I will be using 4T in hopes of getting 3 in to full depth. He also treated the small amount of granulation that remained inside.  If this trick doesn't work and we don't make progress in the next few months, then Dr. Meltzer will have to go in and add a little bit of material so I can get 3 and 4 in eventually. It wasn't the news I wanted to hear and I suspected this was the case for awhile now that we were closing in on a point where another surgery would be necessary to make up for the fact I lost width due to how bad the granulation was.

Picture of what 4T looks like.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Rachel

I hope it works out. I am sorry you lost depth and with. I know how that must hurt. Is there any way you can maintain depth with the #1 dilator?

I love the glass dilator. Do you know where he gets them?
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

Mariah

The depth I have pretty much fully regained to what I started the first dilation with. So the depth, it isn't the issue it was considering it is pretty close to 6 most of the time and times right at 6. 6 inches is where I started so we are making progress there. I'm just not making much, if any, progress on width which is a huge concern now. The glass dilators are special ordered for him. You can by them from his office directly. I'm not sure how much the standard set costs, however I do know that 4T and 5 are 70 dollars a piece. Hugs
Mariah
Quote from: Rachel on April 23, 2018, 05:20:58 PM
I hope it works out. I am sorry you lost depth and with. I know how that must hurt. Is there any way you can maintain depth with the #1 dilator?

I love the glass dilator. Do you know where he gets them?
  •  

Dena

While I haven't handled one of those dilators yet, I am pretty sure they are plastic and not glass. When I look in the end the color is grayish and not the green of glass. There is a special glass that's not green however to the best of my knowledge it's used for fiber optics and is a bit expensive to use for something like this.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Mariah

I was looking back through my own thread and discovered I had a method that helped get 2nd dilator in when I was having difficulty before. I am going to use 2 then 3T and then 3. I may use 4T instead of 3T or nay use both with 4T either before or after 3. Hugs
Mariah
  •  

Kendra

I asked Dr. Ley when I was there, the dilators they include with surgery are made of Lucite and are custom manufactured. 

I didn't ask who designed them but I assume Dr. Meltzer.  They have a slight curve. 

Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Mariah

Kendra, Thank You. Hugs
Mariah
Quote from: Kendra on April 24, 2018, 07:20:45 PM
I asked Dr. Ley when I was there, the dilators they include with surgery are made of Lucite and are custom manufactured. 

I didn't ask who designed them but I assume Dr. Meltzer.  They have a slight curve.
  •  

Mariah

It's been awhile so I thought I would update everyone. I am now finally able to get 3 in with the aid of 4T and 3T. It took awhile, but once I was able to get passed the muscle it was just like when I first used 3 early on. I should still move up to 4, but will see what Meltzer thinks of things when I see him shortly. Hugs
Mariah
  •  

Laurie

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Mariah

•  

Mariah

Good news the granulation is gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

I Am Jess

Follow my life's adventures on Instagram - @jessieleeannmcgrath
  •  

Kendra

Mariah that's excellent news on finally having all granulation gone.  I bet you are super happy!
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

LizK

Nice to see you put those difficulties behind you. Good news that your granulation has cleared up...sounds like you are in terrific shape.
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Mariah

Thank you Kenda. I am so very happy Kendra. It was extremely good news. It's why the dilator will go in now without issues and why getting 4 is in reach now too again.  I will be seeing him again in 3 months to make sure everything is alright and that no new granulation resulted from finally getting to and maintaining 4.
Quote from: Kendra on September 17, 2018, 05:57:44 PM
Mariah that's excellent news on finally having all granulation gone.  I bet you are super happy!
  •  

Mariah

I am getting there for sure. I still need to get up to 4 so my spouse can get in, however I'm a step closer now that 3 fits in without issues. Meltzer said today sometimes you need to heal completely before you are able to get the dilators you need to get in and that can take longer for some. Hugs
Mariah
Quote from: LizK on September 17, 2018, 06:26:34 PM
Nice to see you put those difficulties behind you. Good news that your granulation has cleared up...sounds like you are in terrific shape.
  •  

Mariah

A bit of an update. Yesterday was two years since my surgery and was the first time that I had made a real effort to get the largest dilator in. All attempt before now were never successful at getting more than half an inch in. I was able to yesterday to get in around 4.5 inches. This is by far the farthest I have achieved with dilator number 4. I'm also back nearly to 6 inches again on dilator number 3 which at one point before the granulation treatment I was getting in close to 6.5 inches at on point. I'm making progress in both width and depth. It appears all the depth I had after surgery I will get back and I will be able to do so with dilator number 4 which is the largest in the set that I received at the time of my surgery. Hugs
Mariah
  •  

LizK

Great progress it must be a bit of a relief to know you maintain your depth...congrats at hanging in there.
Liz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

mm

That is great news Mariah. You must be relieved to know you still have your original depth and that you can get #4 slent in over 4 inches. You have had a long two years getting to this point with all your problems.
  •