Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Mariah's GRS with Dr. Meltzer 10/27/16 and Post surgical journey.

Started by Mariah, August 18, 2016, 09:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

islandgirl

Wow, you are becoming quite the hurdler! Racing to the finish line!
  •  

stephaniec

•  

Mariah

Yep, I am. It's been a long road with so many hurdles, but alas I'm done with those finally. Hugs
Mariah
Quote from: islandgirl on October 07, 2016, 02:16:28 PM
Wow, you are becoming quite the hurdler! Racing to the finish line!
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

I Am Jess

How are you doing with this?  I had to stop 6 weeks prior (because of self donation of blood for the surgery issues).  I really didn't have any issues until after the surgery and then I was having one big hot flash.  My doctor kept me off E for an additional 2 weeks post op. I was better once I got out of the hospital but it didn't get better until after I started back on my E injections.

Quote from: Mariah on September 28, 2016, 03:24:25 PM
Wow less than a month tell my SRS. It's hard to believe that is that soon. Tomorrow will be my last injection before I go into the long break do to SRS without any injection. Since my cycle isn't a 14 day but less it will result in it being interesting even earlier than the 2 week point.
Mariah
Follow my life's adventures on Instagram - @jessieleeannmcgrath
  •  

Mariah

Yeah the plan here is off it two weeks post op too. I will start to find out how I'm doing with that soon. The last injection will start have an even lower impact once we get Sunday. It will get interesting when I reach 13 and beyond as we get inside the two week point to surgery. That is when I'm going to start to notice how I"m feeling in regards to being off HRT. I have feeling the two weeks on the backside will be the hardest, but I will know I guess when I get there and share with everyone else. Hugs
Mariah
  •  

Rachel

Hi Mariah,

Dr. McGinn allows spiro until the day before GCS. T was always my concern.

When I had FFS I was off all HRT for 3 weeks. I did not have any hot flashes. When my flight landed I took E. Spiro I waited until I got home, 1.5 hours. When I got home I sat on the edge of my bed and tears rolled from my eyes. Most likely aided by the E and relief of being home.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

Mariah

I will be on Spiro through surgery as well, but in my case since Spiro wasn't added at first E probably did most of the lifting in my case, I'm didn't need the spiro at all. I hoping to avoid those hot flashes, but fingers crossed they stay away. Hugs
Mariah
  •  

Mariah

Well today is the last day of the last hormone cycle before by SRS. Tomorrow will be the first time I have had a break on hormones since starting them. Little bit nervous to see how my body handles this gap in hormones, but in the end I know it will be worth it. Wow so I leave in 2 weeks for Arizona. Time sure has flown by to this point. I can remember the point where it was a good year and half tell my surgery and now I'm down to two weeks tell I leave. It's kind of a serial moment to realize I'm now that close. Certainly the butterflies in my stomach are starting to build with anticipation for something I have needed my whole life. Hugs
Mariah
  •  

Rachel

Hi Mariah,

I am really happy for you.

Did you refresh your account?
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

Mariah

Kinda sorta. Hugs
Mariah

Quote from: Rachel Lynn on October 08, 2016, 10:25:26 AM
Hi Mariah,

I am really happy for you.

Did you refresh your account?
  •  

Gertrude

Buona fortuna!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Mariah

Gertrude, thank you. It's much appreciated. Hugs
Mariah
Quote from: Gertrude on October 08, 2016, 12:48:41 PM
Buona fortuna!

•  

Barb99

Very happy for you Mariah. Your having your surgery on my birthday! Welcome to the Scorpio club!
I'll be 4 weeks behind you, I'm scheduled with Dr. Rumer.
  •  

Mariah

Thanks Charley and congrats on your upcoming SRS too. Going to wish you a happy birthday now then since by your birthdate I'm going to be decidedly under anesthesia by then while I have my SRS. Hugs
Mariah
Quote from: Charley on October 08, 2016, 02:52:02 PM
Very happy for you Mariah. Your having your surgery on my birthday! Welcome to the Scorpio club!
I'll be 4 weeks behind you, I'm scheduled with Dr. Rumer.

Charley Ann
  •  

Mariah

Here we go.. So far I haven't noticed any difference and I suspect I won't for several days before I really start to get an idea of how my body is going tor respond to the break from hormones. Still now I'm in the gap after hormones until 2 weeks after SRS. Time will tell, but all is good so far. Couple notes everything that needed dealing with and organizing before my SRS is taken care of. Just have to ship a couple things to Arizona so they are waiting for me, but otherwise I'm good. Hugs
Mariah
  •  

kaitylynn

The news is awesome and I am so excited for you!
Katherine Lynn M.

You've got a light that always guides you.
You speak of hope and change as something good.
Live your truth and know you're not alone.

The restart - 20-Oct-2015
Legal name and gender change affirmed - 27-Sep-2016
Breast Augmentation (Dr. Gupta) - 27-Aug-2018
  •  

Mariah

Thanks  kaitylynn. Indeed it is. I just can't wait tell it is over for sure. Hugs
Mariah
  •  

Brooke

I've been keeping up with this thread. Such a great reminder of how many things there are that need to be checked, double checked and the coordination of care. Great job in ticking those boxes!

I'm so excited for you Mariah!

•  

Mariah

Thanks Brooke. yeah I knew coming in there would be some coordination of care but never thought it would go to the level it did. Hugs
Mariah
Quote from: Brooke on October 09, 2016, 04:54:00 PM
I've been keeping up with this thread. Such a great reminder of how many things there are that need to be checked, double checked and the coordination of care. Great job in ticking those boxes!

I'm so excited for you Mariah!

•  

Mariah

So far still haven't noticed anything as a result of being in the gap in hormones required before surgery which is good thing. Just now starting the packing process because I want to make sure I don't forget or leave anything out that needs to come that isn't being bought in Phoenix. Part of the reason I'm doing the packing today is to determine what needs to go into the box I'm shipping down that will help maximize the space I have since I don't intend to put anything below the plane. At least my cramped closet won't be so cramped for a bit.  ;D Basic plan is to order and ship anything I can today so it arrives quickly and long before at the place I'm going to be staying. My beloved will receive my packages and all will be good. As far as everything else I have one check in with Group Health by phone in case anything else I need which will happen the day before I leave and one script that will have to be picked up the Tuesday before I leave. Then I'm just down to the scripts and related items once I'm down In Arizona. In addition that the nurse will be touching base with me again to make sure everything is on track and that I have obeyed the pre-op instructions and to share what happens next along with an update on the time for my SRS on the 27th. It's hard to believe that 16 days from now I will be on a liquid diet while stilling having to go to my pre-op appointment the day before my SRS. Anyways that is all for now. Hugs
Mariah
  •