Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Removing Make-Up Quickly - Suggestions on First Attempt

Started by Emily-G, February 18, 2016, 12:58:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamanthaNJ

I personally use makeup remover towelettes and for that stubborn eye makeup I use Mary Kay eye makeup remover with a cotton ball. Coconut oil is also super nice but can be a pain to apply around the eyes until it softens up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

•  

Hannahh

Hi !
For my eyes, I use Take The Day Off™ Makeup Remover For Lids, Lashes & Lips. Efficient and soft in my opinion.
For my face, Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser.
Before I adopted these, I tried others.
Warmly,
Hannah
  •  

Maria77

Baby wipes first-more economical than the ones specifically for makeup removal, but do the same thing.  Then wash off with a brush i got at ulta, a sponge, or washcloth with a moisturizing cleaner.  If there's anything left, ill use a toner.   Then a soothing moisturizer.
  •  

Alex Forbes

Love, love, love Neutrogena makeup remover wipes. I can take off all my spackle quickly, including mascara, and it is gentle on my skin. It's marvelous!
  •  

Emily-G

Thank you everyone!

I think I have goofed a few times and didn't get it completely removed. But I usually wear glasses and no one said anything.

I'm actually surprised how much people don't say. The other day I was out in guy mode sitting at a computer for at least 2 hours before realizing my pants were hanging down and my underwear was showing... Nobody said anything. ;D
  •  

CaseyN

I bought them awhile ago and finally got around to trying them today- Walmart's brand Equate disposable make up removal clothes.

It was the first thing I've used that 'wiped the slate' quickly. 1 took care of most of my face and I only needed a 2nd one to finish removing a waterproof eyeliner from my right eye that has always been a PAIN in the past to clean off.
  •  

Roses and Songs

Quote from: Cindy on April 28, 2016, 07:10:20 AM

How I finally came out! Oh you wear nail polish, I wish more guys did.

Ahhhhhhh

Why are you wearing nail polish?

What nail polish (oups) Ahhh this, it's because you see, I I I was playing with my young niece, (yess) she's 8 and she started putting some on herself and of course she insisted to put some on me too, you know how little girls are, can't say no to them. I wonder how I'm gonna take that off now, you know me, makeup... do you know how or...

Yeah right, ask your sister, dude.

That was the first and last time I ever got caught. To remove makeup I use any good hydrating cream with a soft cotton wool and for mascara, soft oil. Rinse well and hydrate often, 3 or 4 times a day if you can. I did that all my life and I'm sure glad I did. Cheers.

•  

KyleeKrow

•  

EmilyMK03

I like using Neutrogena products for my sensitive skin.

For removing makeup, I had previously used the Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes.  They're convenient and effective, but it gets pretty expensive to use them everyday.  So I looked for a different solution.

Now I use Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser.  It's more economical.  It both cleanses my skin and removes makeup at the end of the day.  I just wash my face with it, and my face is clean and makeup-free.

I need to use an additional product to remove mascara and eyeliner though.  For that, I use Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover.  I dab it on a cotton round and wipe it across my eyes, and all that waterproof mascara just comes right off!  Sometimes it doesn't get all the eyeliner near my lash line though, so I'll use a Q-tip dipped into the eye makeup remover to remove the last bits of eye makeup.  (oh, and be sure to vigorously shake the makeup remover bottle before using it each time.  The solution tends to separate itself if you let it sit on a shelf for even a few hours)

All these Neutrogena products are so popular that they now have generic brands available for the same things.  Visit your local Wal-Mart or Target store, and you'll find the store-brand equivalents of the same things at a much lower price (ingredients seem to be the same too, for the most part).  The store brands may work just as well for you.
  •  

Josie_P

GARNIER MICELLLAR WATER

I PROMISE YOU..IT TAKES EVERYTHING OFF INSTANTLY!!!!
  •  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: Roses and Songs on June 28, 2016, 10:57:13 AM
Why are you wearing nail polish?

What nail polish (oups) Ahhh this, it's because you see, I I I was playing with my young niece, (yess) she's 8 and she started putting some on herself and of course she insisted to put some on me too, you know how little girls are, can't say no to them. I wonder how I'm gonna take that off now, you know me, makeup... do you know how or...

Nail polish? Brake fluid. Don't ask. Luckily I didn't redo my nails until after I did the brake job.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •