Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Voice masculinization?

Started by Nuuni, September 24, 2016, 01:06:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nuuni

My husband is having a bunch of frustration with his voice right now, and he hasn't figured out how he will get T yet. (Apparently Medicaid doesn't consider it "medically necessary" on someone whose ID has an F on it, in Alaska?) Even afterwards, we are in our 40s, and have to be ready for more modest changes.
Is there any tips or resources to help masculinize his voice in the meantime? I don't know how to extrapolate my own head voice practice to him in a way that makes sense.
  •  

Dena

There are two primary things to make a voice sound more masculine. The first is to use more of a monotone voice and emphasize with volume and not pitch. The other is to use the chest voice. To reach the chest voice you need to relax the muscles between the larynx and the jaw. When you do this the larynx will remain in the same location and not move up when speaking. You can place your had lightly on the area to tell if you are doing it right. A way to show the wrong away is to place your hand in the proper place and swallow. You will feel the larynx move up and the muscles tense.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •