Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

confused

Started by cityhorror, September 15, 2016, 02:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cityhorror

hello ! so im 14 years old, um AFAB and im kind of confused about my gender ? ok so i'll give some background info. I used to identify as genderfluid and i felt like a male 80% of the time and i had major top dysphoria that caused me a lot of anxiety. during that time, i asked my mom for a chest binder and she said no and that i should learn to love my body. this top dysphoria lasted around 4 months ? and then after about 5 months i started to identify as a femme transboy. now, around this time, my top dysphoria was significantly lower but i also had a small amount of bottom dysphoria. for about 2 weeks now ive been questioning if im even trans anymore ? like does dysphoria just suddenly go away? i still want to be a boy, and i still want a flat chest and to have male genitals but i have little to no dysphoria and i would be ok with remaining female. im just kind of confused at this point. any help would be greatly appreciated
  •  

Dena

Welcome to Susan's Place. Yes it is possible or dysphoria to vary depending on what is happening in your life. At your age, it's also possible for it to shift as it may not be permanently set until the end of your teens. This isn't true for everybody because others may be consistent all way for age 3 or 4 to adulthood. I would recommend if possible that you see a gender therapist as it will help you explore your feelings. You school may have help available if your parents are not willing to help you.

We issue to all new members the following links so you will best be able to use the web site.

Things that you should read

Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Jacqueline

I think Dena has nailed it. Don't know if you have been in therapy at all but it is very helpful(and it doesn't mean you're crazy if you're worried about that). A gender therapist would be very helpful to guide you. As Dena also said some discricts have counseling available through the schools themselves.

There are some articles in our wiki section that might help your parents to understand what you are going through and how they might help you.

Good Luck.

With Warmth,

Joanna
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•