Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Any Asatruar here?

Started by Blackwaters427, September 26, 2016, 11:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackwaters427

Any Asatruar here? I recently decided to follow the Old Gods and I have yet to meet another person in Asatru, especially since I live in the MO Bible Belt. I'm very new to this faith, but I want to learn as much as I can!
Begin drifting, defy the laws of gravity
Stare at the sun, challenging all reality
The glass door to my soul is shattering
The bridges to my past are collapsing
I feel new energy, This is my quickening
Transcending to a new dimension

Fire From the Gods - "End Transmission"

•  

FTMax

I went through a fairly long pagan phase, Asatru in particular. I don't currently follow it, but having been an Asatruar for just shy of a decade I can probably point you toward some good online resources. I'm in Virginia and not too familiar with what may be available to you IRL in MO.
T: 12/5/2014 | Top: 4/21/2015 | Hysto: 2/6/2016 | Meta: 3/21/2017

I don't come here anymore, so if you need to get in touch send an email: maxdoeswork AT protonmail.com
  •  

Colonel_Panic

I've just gotten back into it. I was sort of part of it while I was a teenager, and then I went through a loooong Abrahamic phase of repression. Now I'm back into it.

Honestly, becoming pagan again is what allowed me to come to terms with my gender issues. While I recognise that the Germanics were fairly regimented on gender, I don't see any reason to pull the cultural ideals of a 7th-century people into 2017; that's the problem I had with following Islam.

We can be friends if you like :)
  •  

Colonel_Panic

Also, I ordered my Mjolnir off of etsy and it's just never arrived. That was a month ago. I think it's either vanished in the mail or my junkie neighbours stole it before they moved out. Either way, I'm gonna order a nice sterling silver one and get it put on a cord with beads the colour of the trans flag.

Subtle thing. Nobody would notice unless they knew :)
  •  

darksarah

Quote from: Blackwaters427 on September 26, 2016, 11:38:37 PM
Any Asatruar here? I recently decided to follow the Old Gods and I have yet to meet another person in Asatru, especially since I live in the MO Bible Belt. I'm very new to this faith, but I want to learn as much as I can!

Hi. My name is Patricia. I follow the Old Gods on many years. I believe in Asatru. Beside, I believe in Ancient Gods. My favourite gods are Loki, Thor, Odin, Ragnarok. I sometimes go to visiting historical pagan´s activities. Have you wear any amulets of these gods ? I wear sometimes valknut on my neck. I would like if you write me some info about your opinion on Old Gods.
  •  

SforaNymph

I use to follow but after feeling like I didn't connect to the religion or the gods, I did some soul searching and ended up in the Kemeticism religion. I would recommend getting the Asatru sacred book, and reach out to one of the bigger communities they have online. I also reside in MO. Good luck.

Sfora
  •  

Jacqueline

Quote from: darksarah on August 01, 2017, 02:18:39 PM
Hi. My name is Patricia. I follow the Old Gods on many years. I believe in Asatru. Beside, I believe in Ancient Gods. My favourite gods are Loki, Thor, Odin, Ragnarok. I sometimes go to visiting historical pagan´s activities. Have you wear any amulets of these gods ? I wear sometimes valknut on my neck. I would like if you write me some info about your opinion on Old Gods.

Sarah,

Welcome to the site. hope you find what you are looking for. Maybe you could pop over to our introductions section so we can get to know you better.

A Cautionary Note:
This is a public forum so please [remember when posting that The Internet Never Forgets, and the various web crawlers and archival sites out may retain information that you post.

We cannot ensure that any information you share on the site will be protected from public view and/or copying or reproduction. This warning is also listed in the Terms of Service listed below.

If you give out personal information on Susan's you are responsible for any consequence.

I also want to share some links with you. They include helpful information and the rules that govern the site. It is important for your enjoyment of the site to take a moment to go through them

Things that you should read

Once again, welcome to Susan's. Look around, ask questions and join in.

With warmth,

Jacqui
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

Dee Bellwether

hi hi. I am no Asatru, but I have at times worked heavily with Norse spirituality and Deities.

I at one point identified as Rokkatru, as I generally gravitate toward the Rokkr, not the Aesir or Vanir, and was part of a religious community that was both full of individuals devoted to the Rokkr and full of trans people. (look up First Kingdom Church of Asphodel, I don't go so much anymore, but they are very trans friendly.)

my current primary practice revolves around Vodou and the Sumerian pantheon, but I have had some very powerful experiences with my Germanic lineage and the Deities associated with it. in particular Loki, and The Nine Waves (the daughters of Aegir and Ran) were the ones who spoke to me most.

while I've not talked with Them too much lately, I am a Vitki, and regularly use Runes for divination and magic. i'm married to a woman who is very Scandinavian in appearance, and has the entire Eldar Futhark tattooed on her feet, so it remains a relevant part of my life and religious practice.

go ahead and friend me if you want. i'm new to this site and have no idea how you do that lol.
  •  

catherine - remy

Hi

I would guess I'm sort of this, I live in England and all round this area their are places connected to the old gods, horsted nearby is where horsa is meant to buried, wormshill (and black post, a black painted sign post) is where woden was worshiped ect. What I have always found intresting is how they found 6 transwomen buried in folkestone from this period in time

Somewhere in the world
  •