Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Words and style that describe the author's gender!

Started by Chaunte, January 25, 2006, 09:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaunte

Quote from: Cassandra Anna Hefton on March 01, 2006, 06:13:40 PM
Hmmm, Data didn't use contractions. Does that make him a transdroid.  >:D

Cassie

If you ever saw the episode "A Fist Full of Datas," you would know that you are correct!   :icon_evil_laugh:

Chaunte
  •  

Marlene

What would " Orlando " tell us about Virginia Woolf ? I finished it last week and I´m no literary critic...I´m sure someone ( everyone  :D ) out there read the book...
  •  

Kaitlyn

I ran into an article relating to this while doing a quick search:
http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=745652003

Personal pronouns is one point they they mention, and now that I think of it, I remember have a very tough time of forcing myself not to use 'you' and 'I' in formal writing because it left the text a rather awkward and cold in my opinion... and I was always puzzled why it would get a decent grade. That's what gives all sorts of scientific and technical writing that especially dry and impersonal feel I suppose, and that's all I get to write these days.
  •  

Anaya

bringing up this old topic... ehem *cough*anyways...

just found the gender genie and its weird how it recognizes the gender of someone through words i never even tought of as being female.

I inserted a story ive been writing and... wow, how happy it made me when it said that it was mostly female! :D sure sure, its unreliable, dont base your transition on it, yadda yadda, but its one of those things that make me smile and be happy.

so i went on and started inserting texts written by different people and its amazing how accurate that thing is (of course, the text has to be long)
  •  

Keira

Great, another thing to stress about, being "outed" by my writings  ;)
  •  

Kate

Quote from: Anaya on June 15, 2007, 12:01:52 PM
just found the gender genie and its weird how it recognizes the gender of someone through words i never even tought of as being female.

Hey, that's pretty cool!!! I just tried it...

Of course had it said I was male, I'd be posting about what a waste of time it is ;)

I fed it 10,000 words from my journal...

~Kate~
  •  

Pica Pica

Based on the story I put on this site, it said I was a girl...but an older says I am male. Typical confused results :) I'll think more about it later. I wrote my new story from a female perspective and that probably has something to do with it.
  •  

shiva

Sara:

QuoteAnyone know of any books written by males that are sensual and or emotional???

Wilbur Smith once wrote this love story that was probably the best book he has ever written, and I'm really really not the kid that likes love stories, so that's saying a lot. I've forgotten what the title is but it's a story about a really handsome fighter pilot who gets terribly disfigured in a crash. He's in love with and marrying this woman who is really beautiful, but lives in a war-torn country and ends up losing her sight. Before she marries him, of course. So now you have the gist of the story (lol sort of) and if you ever see a book by him with a similar read-up, there you go.
  •