Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by SiobhánF, October 06, 2016, 09:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SiobhánF

Be your own master, not the slave to illusion;
The lord of your own life, not the servant to falsities;
Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•  

LiliFee

–  γνῶθι σεαυτόν  –

"Know then thyself, presume not God to scan, The proper study of mankind is Man"
  •  

Jessica70

Shout out to my ex -  Little Mix
  •  

Steph Eigen

Beethoven  Op. 132 quartet right now; the third movement, Molto Adagio – Andante – Heiliger Dankgesang eines Genesenen an die Gottheit, in der lydischen Tonart. Molto adagio – Neue Kraft fühlend. Andante – Molto adagio – Andante–Molto adagio. Mit innigster Empfindung in F Lydian, never fails to make me break down into tears.  I'm sobbing right now.

All of the Beethoven quartets, especially the late ones move me intensely.  I love comparing the interpretations of the Takacs, Emerson and Tokyo and Amadeus quartets.  Without exaggeration, I must have listened to these quartets thousands of times each over my lifetime. I never fail to see new and subtle things in these works.
  •  

Steph Eigen

Today is Beethoven's birthday, B. 12/16/1770.  Treat yourself and watch the incredible film from 1994, Immortal Beloved in honor of this incredible soul.
  •  

zamber74

•  

SiobhánF

Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•  

Jessica70

•  

Michelle_P

An old chant, for focusing meditation. Happy solstice, everyone!

"Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit."
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Lily Rose

"I love you!"
– Lily Anne

"You must unlearn what you have learned."
– Yoda

"The road to success is always under construction."
– Lily Tomlin

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent."
– Victor Hugo :icon_headfones:
  •  

Drexy/Drex

Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

Lily Rose

kind of funny songs like this one, for me have nothing to do with a second party.  :P
"I love you!"
– Lily Anne

– Yoda

– Lily Tomlin

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent."
  •  

Lily Rose

"I love you!"
– Lily Anne

– Yoda

– Lily Tomlin

•  

Lily Rose

"I love you!"
– Lily Anne

– Yoda

– Lily Tomlin

•  

Lily Rose

"I love you!"
– Lily Anne

– Yoda

– Lily Tomlin

•  

Deborah

Fleetwood  Mac

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.
André Gide, Autumn Leaves
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

SiobhánF

•  

SophieD

The Beatles' A Hard Day's Night album.  Some great songs from a simpler time.
  •  

SiobhánF

How I've been feeling here and there. Comes and goes. :/

•  

Lily Rose

"I love you!"
– Lily Anne

– Yoda

– Lily Tomlin

•