Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Will I be passable?

Started by supergirl23, July 30, 2016, 01:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supergirl23

So I'm starting to worry that when I start hormones I will not be passable. Here is a picture of me from a couple of years ago, back when I actually thought it might be possible to live life as a guy.  Back then I actually liked the way I looked and did not think of myself as ugly every time I looked in the mirror. Now I can't stand even brushing my teeth or else I will be worried that I'm ugly the rest of the day.
So will I be able to pass as a female? I look at all the beautiful women on here and really start to get jealous. Wishing that I could be like that someday.
  •  

Dena

It looks like you have possibilities. Your chin appears weak and you already have cheek which HRT should add to. Your hair line is reasonable but you should pick a style that partially covers your forehead in order to round out your face. Your  starting point is better than mine and I think you may be surprised how you look when you get everything worked out.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Ms Grace

Quote from: supergirl23 on July 30, 2016, 01:47:10 PM
I look at all the beautiful women on here and really start to get jealous. Wishing that I could be like that someday.

I suggest you go look at the Before and After threads... most of us would admit we started off fairly "sub optimal" in the looks department. You seem to have a pretty good starting point. But passing is more than looks... much, much more.
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

supergirl23

You really think so?! I understand that I'll have to learn the mannerisms of a woman. But you are being completely serious about my looks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Michelle_P

You've got about the right looking chin and jawline, from what we can see in that shot.  Upper lip to nose distance looks reasonable.  Heck, your eyebrows aren't even too far down from what that shot shows.

Yeah, with practice, HRT, and time you've definitely got possibilities there. 
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Ms Grace

Quote from: supergirl23 on July 30, 2016, 05:21:26 PM
But you are being completely serious about my looks?

When it comes to how people look I am always completely honest. :)
Grace
  •  

supergirl23

Quote from: Ms Grace on July 30, 2016, 05:55:09 PM
When it comes to how people look I am always completely honest. :)
Thank you very much! This makes the rest of my week!!!

•  

Dena

I only post on how do I look threads when I have something to contribute. As with all of us, it will take some work but I think it's possible for you to present a feminine image without facial surgery. If you haven't started already, I would suggest you work on growing that hair out as that haircut isn't working.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

supergirl23

Quote from: Dena on July 30, 2016, 06:03:00 PM
I only post on how do I look threads when I have something to contribute. As with all of us, it will take some work but I think it's possible for you to present a feminine image without facial surgery. If you haven't started already, I would suggest you work on growing that hair out as that haircut isn't working.
So is there a possibility I will be attractive? Not just passable?
I have already started to grow my hair out although I had to cut it a week ago.

•  

barbie

Quote from: supergirl23 on July 30, 2016, 01:47:10 PM

So will I be able to pass as a female? I look at all the beautiful women on here and really start to get jealous. Wishing that I could be like that someday.

You are already passable.

I am not so much passable, but I can make myself look passable by using various tricks. Eye makeup seems most critical to me.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Dena

Your final appearance is hard to judge and it depends on how much work you are willing to put into it. Many of the glamor shots you see involve hours of makeup and hair to get everything perfect. Look at the women you see in the store and that look can be obtained with far less work. You are better off keeping you expectations low so you can enjoy anything you gain beyond that. High expectations often lead to disappointment.
  •  

Ms Grace

Quote from: supergirl23 on July 30, 2016, 06:06:20 PM
So is there a possibility I will be attractive? Not just passable?

That is totally in your hands. There are plenty of attractive trans women who say they do not pass, hard to know what the issue/reason is from a photo. Likewise we can't predict HRT outcomes from a pic either.  I know we all want to look our best but focus on what you can do in the here in now. Like I say, check out the Before and After threads if you are looking for inspiration.
Grace
  •  

supergirl23

Quote from: Dena on July 30, 2016, 06:18:26 PM
Your final appearance is hard to judge and it depends on how much work you are willing to put into it. Many of the glamor shots you see involve hours of makeup and hair to get everything perfect. Look at the women you see in the store and that look can be obtained with far less work. You are better off keeping you expectations low so you can enjoy anything you gain beyond that. High expectations often lead to disappointment.
So when you say that there will be a lot of hard work, what do you mean?

•  

Dena

Day to day and even office makeup and hair can be done in about 15-20 minutes most of the time. Glamor makeup requires attention to many details and requires far long. A woman might use two different makeup styles. One for day to day wear and the other for dating or special occasions.
  •  

supergirl23

Okay, So how long on HRT until I start seeing the effects of it?
  •  

Dena

It depends on genetics and the dosage you receive. You can notice things in two weeks to a month but full development can take several years. One day you will look in the mirror and notice something wasn't that way before and you will notice the changes long before anybody else does. You might gain in the upper legs, hips at the crotch, butt, breast and facial area. Not all changes will take place at the same rate and you may fore example discover your breast develop before some of the other changes. Don't expect to see much for a few months because even genetic woman take a while before changes are visible.
  •  

paula lesley

You have nothing to fear. Your hair looks thick and you have a small face. lol ! sounds weird hehe.

Relax and just take baby steps and soon you will not see your old face at all.

Paula, X.
  •