Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Getting a more feminine bodyshape by losing weight before the start of hrt?

Started by SoonCalledIrene, October 27, 2016, 04:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoonCalledIrene

So im gonna start hrt (mtf) in a couple of months and i was wondering whether my bodyshape would look more feminine if i lost weight now. I mean theoretically my body tries to distribute fat in a masculine way right now. So if i lost as much of this as possible the bodyfat id get after i start hrt should be distributed like in females right? So i think that if i do lose bodyfat now ill look more feminine later. But does this actually work? I am currently 15 years old, 1,75 metres tall and weigh close to 60 kilos. I know that this is already slightly underweight and it might not be all that healthy to further lose weight but i think if i keep taking in the important resources my body needs it should be alright (i dont exactly know how to say what im trying to say, if someone could correct that or any other grammar / vocabulary mistake i made id be greatful for it, still learning english)
  •  

Dena

Welcome to Susan's Place. If you are underweight, don't lose any more weight. Maintain your current weight and as your body develops, slowly gain any additional weight that you desire. It will be easer to gain weight on HRT so be careful about gaining excessive weight.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Jacqueline

Can we call you Irene?

Welcome to the site.

I also want to share some links with you. They are mostly welcome information and the rules that govern the site. If you have not had a chance to look through them, please take a moment to:

Things that you should read

Once again, welcome to Susan's. Look around, ask questions and join in.

With warmth,

Joanna
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

sarah1972

Hi Irene - welcome to Susan's!

I would agree with the previous posts, you are already on the lower end for weight and your size (I am 174 cm). Losing more weight may also deprive you of some of the strength your body needs once the hormones are changing. You will also need some fat to build up in the right places for a more feminine body structure. Losing more weight will not help gain this, the change in hormones will help. Once your hormone levels are right, your body will know how to change. Two things to keep in mind: It is not an instant change. Compare this to a girls puberty where breasts develop over the course of several month to a few years.

You can look into some exercises, if you look for "feminization exercise" on youtube, you will find a bunch of videos targeting mtf. This might be the better choice.

Good luck, hugs Sarah

•