Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Star Trek

Started by Lily.Arwen, October 19, 2016, 04:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Veronica J

my fav of all time is def TOS, TNG comes a close second. i liked them all actually i even liked enterprise and discovery. i didnt like voyager in the beginning, after kes left and 7 of 9 come on board. ds9 i liked when we met jadzia dax and her replacement  as well.. tucker and tpol on enterprise.

I liked a lot of the TOS movies, some of the TNG and the kelvin timeline ones.

fav character of all time is Spock, supressing ones feelings. i tried that for years and years.

i have watched the movies several times, the one with the han  sucked big time imo
  •  

RabbitSpectre

Quote from: DustKitten on October 04, 2018, 05:11:32 PM
The only one I've watched a lot of was TNG, so that one. I really liked what I saw of DS9 but idk if I'll ever finish it. TNG was part of my childhood, but I think it's harder for me to become a trekkie as an adult, when none of my friends care about the show. :P

I think I'd go with Jadzia Dax for the friend-thing too, and maybe Julian Bashir. The DS9 characters were definitely more relatable for me. Between those two, I like Dax more. If I had to pick a character from TNG I guess I'd say Data or Geordi La Forge-- Picard's personality appeals to me more than theirs, but I kinda have issues with relaxing around authority figures so I don't think we'd make good friends.

Nice. Yes, I completely agree. One of the reasons I love DS9.

Very cool. :)

I'm not a huge fan of Honest Trailers, but I thought this was was pretty good. XD
  •  

Veronica J

oh that was good and soo funny and strange part mostly accurate....
  •  

ChrissyRyan

To all,

"Live long and prosper!"

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

RetroTS

•  

RabbitSpectre

Quote from: Veronica A on October 05, 2018, 03:39:58 PM
oh that was good and soo funny and strange part mostly accurate....
Yes, lol.
I really loved the show. I felt like my IQ increased every time I watched it, and that I was getting something with ethical progression and questions.

Still have no idea what the writers were on when they had Dr. Crusher bone a space ghost. :P lol I mean, what? lol Some of the those Season 7 episodes get downright crazy. If that's what they wanted, they should have had Q back!!!!! His episodes in all the newer series are my favorite. Though, nothing quite compares to his romp with Picard. XD

What did everyone think of Q? I actually liked him. He wasn't nearly as bad as the crew acted like he was. Just bored, I think. lol He ended up watching over and helping the crew more often than not, and I think I found it pretty awesome when he gave Data the experience of a real laugh.
  •  

GingerVicki

Quote from: RabbitSpectre on October 05, 2018, 06:17:27 PM
Yes, lol.
I really loved the show. I felt like my IQ increased every time I watched it, and that I was getting something with ethical progression and questions.

Still have no idea what the writers were on when they had Dr. Crusher bone a space ghost. :P lol I mean, what? lol Some of the those Season 7 episodes get downright crazy. If that's what they wanted, they should have had Q back!!!!! His episodes in all the newer series are my favorite. Though, nothing quite compares to his romp with Picard. XD

What did everyone think of Q? I actually liked him. He wasn't nearly as bad as the crew acted like he was. Just bored, I think. lol He ended up watching over and helping the crew more often than not, and I think I found it pretty awesome when he gave Data the experience of a real laugh.

I know that Voyager will make someone smarter. The first 3 or 4 episodes explained some simple quantum physics principles.
  •  

Veronica J

Quote from: RabbitSpectre on October 05, 2018, 06:17:27 PM
Yes, lol.

hell yes, i loved Q as well. i have even read all the books with him in it :) everytime like woohoo Q
  •  

RabbitSpectre

Quote from: Veronica A on October 06, 2018, 03:21:59 PM
hell yes, i loved Q as well. i have even read all the books with him in it :) everytime like woohoo Q

OMG, you read the Q Continuum series as well??? Hell, yes, girl!!!! :D

If John Delancie and Patrick Stewart ever got together again just to do improv acting between their characters, I would pay to see that. :) Pretty awesome that they both worked on the books with Cox!

The episode in TNG where he loses his powers was really interesting. lol Remember the other Q that showed up near the end? XD I wanna hang out with an omnipotent baked space hippie.
  •  

Veronica J

Quote from: RabbitSpectre on October 06, 2018, 03:55:21 PM
OMG, you read the Q Continuum series as well??? Hell, yes, girl!!!! :D

If John Delancie and Patrick Stewart ever got together again just to do improv acting between their characters, I would pay to see that. :) Pretty awesome that they both worked on the books with Cox!

The episode in TNG where he loses his powers was really interesting. lol Remember the other Q that showed up near the end? XD I wanna hang out with an omnipotent baked space hippie.

out of all the races ever on star trek, the Q tops it all for sure.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I like Star Trek.
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •