Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

My voice lowered but then is higher again?

Started by joaorema, November 10, 2016, 04:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joaorema

Hey guys, i decided to post this because its really bothering me and i dont know if it's normal. My voice lowered pretty fast, i think, so i was really happy but i only noticed now. Today I'm one month on t so i recorded my voice. But then i checked my 3 weeks on t voice and it was deeper than it is now. i really dont know if that's normal so that's why I'm here to see what you guys think.
Thank you :)
  •  

Dena

Welcome to Susan's Place. We have observed that the MTFs tend to pull their voice lower after voice surgery. That is why therapy is often required to train us in using the new voice. I suspect in your case, your ear is causing you to pull your voice back to the feminine range. As you still have a fair amount of upper range available, it's not difficult to do. As T continues you should cross over into the lower range and remain there. Should you wish to speed the process, speech therapy might help your ear learn the lower male range.

We issue to all new members the following links so you will best be able to use the web site.

Things that you should read

Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Kylo

Quote from: joaorema on November 10, 2016, 04:54:12 PM
Hey guys, i decided to post this because its really bothering me and i dont know if it's normal. My voice lowered pretty fast, i think, so i was really happy but i only noticed now. Today I'm one month on t so i recorded my voice. But then i checked my 3 weeks on t voice and it was deeper than it is now. i really dont know if that's normal so that's why I'm here to see what you guys think.
Thank you :)

It could be variation in sound quality from your recording device. Give it more time. Three weeks is not enough to see significant results for most people. 3-6 months is when you should definitely be seeing significant results.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Elis

Could be bcos you were trying to make your voice sound deeper on the 3 weeks vid. From my experience my voice didn't stabilise until around 3 months on T when before it used to go up and down. On sime days I was pretty sure my voice sounded lower from how it had sounded the previous. But that may just be my paranoi or how I chose to talk on that particular day.

I was quite obsessive about how my voice was changing which isn't healthy. Try distracting yourself and stop making voice recordings until your voice starts to stabilise at least.
They/them pronouns preferred.

•