Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Just for fun, my makeup drill

Started by Michelle_P, November 30, 2016, 07:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michelle_P

I had posted a shot of me without makeup in one of the other threads, so this morning, after I had rolled my warpaint on, I thought I'd try to duplicate the shot to get a sort of before and after.

Yeah, I know, I know...  Eyebrows, Type 3 forehead revision, rhinoplasty, etc, etc, and so forth.  :P

Anyway, here's my 20 minute drill for my daytime/professional look:

1) Stila Aqua Glow Fair Light concealer brushed around eyes, up to brow and in dark patches below
2) Ben Nye Cover-All on upper lip, patches below lower lip, assorted red spots post-electrolysis
3) Stila Stay All Day Brow Color (Medium)
4) Stila Perfect Me, Perfect Hue fair/light palette, "dynamic' on the eyelid crease.
5) "", "passionate" on the lid, and a dash of "breathtaking" just under the outer part of the brow
6) Stila smudge stick in espresso on outer third of water line, and upper lid
7) Stila Mile High Lashes (I'm changing this though, clumps too much)
8 ) Benefit "The POREfessional" on nose and cheek patches on each side, by finger.
9) Tarte Amazonian Clay full foundation Fair-Light Honey, using stippling brushes, full face to below jawline
10) "breathtaking" again, down center of nose, center just below lower lip, and along top of cheeks
11) Back to that palette again, for "romantic" or "playful" blush on cheekbones
12) Stila Stay All Day contouring bronzer, 'figure 3' pattern on forehead, down to below cheeks, then down along jawline.  I also apply a little onto the chin and neck below the jawline, and on each side of the nose a line from the inner corner of the eye to just below the tip of the nose using a detail brush.
13) Stila Stay All Day matte lipstick in Papillon is brushed onto the lips
14) Finally, Laura Mercer setting powder is applied with a small brush around eyes a bit heavily, and an angle stippling brush over the full face.  Excess is then dusted off around the eyes. ("baking" the eye makeup)

The whole thing generally holds up well for 10 hours or so with just a touchup on the lips after a meal, and maybe a little fingertip smudging on my wrinkles after 6-7 hours.

Yeah, I tossed out all the drugstore junk and did go sort of high end.  It works really well, though, and gives me that "what makeup?" sort of makeup look.  For an evening look, I'll push the eyecolors darker, and go heavier on the blush.  I use brushes for everything, and don't touch those goofy little applicators.  A reasonable set of brushes is pretty cheap on Amazon.  I'll clean them weekly, soap and water and finished in rubbing alcohol (infection control) before drying overnight.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Lily Rose

thank you michelle.

think this will help in the future! just saw a how to video that reminded me of a time when i was younger. was watching my older cousin do her makeup and now know it is called contouring. she had all these lines all over her face and after she blended them in she looked amazing. could not wait to try it and well LOL! to say the least. that is when i learned less is more.

thank you.
"I love you!"
– Lily Anne

"You must unlearn what you have learned."
– Yoda

"The road to success is always under construction."
– Lily Tomlin

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent."
– Victor Hugo :icon_headfones:
  •  

Selenakyle

Michelle, your makeup job looks flawless! 
  •