Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Explaining transgender to someone religious?

Started by Vincent J, April 12, 2017, 10:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SailorMars1994

Quote from: JeanetteLW on April 13, 2017, 01:06:41 AM
I know your pain, Vincent. I recently had "The Talk" with my daughter and her husband who are both pretty religious going to one of those strange modern churches with the band and new fangled songs were they belt out praise to God. It works for them and the young folk in the country but it's not the churches that I went to as a kid.
  Anyway my daughter has decided that something terrible must have happened in my childhood that is responsible for all my past vices and failures and now this "latest one".. My believing I am trans.. Her solution is for me to come to God and he will fix me.  She know full well how I feel about  religion. We have an agreement to disagree. I was pretty hurt a few days later when she posted a prayer request on Facebook after telling my 5 grand kids all about grandpa.
  In her words she was heartbroken for her children who were devastated and sad after receiving terrible news regarding a family member they loved. I PMed her, asking if she had told them I had died. I have gotten any answer to that nor have I heard anything from her after I came out to her and went home the next day. They had said they needed time to think about where we go from here.  I am beginning to think there is no longer anywhere to go.

I like you so please dont get mad at me but I would disown my child if they did that to me. After giving them a roof over their head for 2 decades, placing food on the table for them, clothing them, tucking them to bed for x number of years, ect. I know that it takes time to come to terms with someone you love transitioning, totally understand that part but the invalidating you ad pushing HER god onto you is a step too far. Sorry that made me mad. I get the same thing all the time ''Your running away from manhood because you were abused by a couple men'' . Tho they conviently leave out the fact that the more I address my past issues and resolve them and do the hard work the more commited I am to being female. The more I make peace with my past it seems I dont need to hide behind the mask of ''masculiity'' to disaassociate from life and myself and go into an auto pilot of protection. I can be me, and do what should have been done years ago. Nah, they just want things to be the same so they will use past truamas to plant shame and doubt into ones head to get what they want. Or they are just simply not using their heads and repeating what some other ignorant person had said. This whole''Unless you stay your bith gender, abide by stricktly binary code associated with birth gender and only sttracted to the of the opposite sex of birth gender or else you are damaged goods'' is what made me lose intrest in what many preachers have to say.
AMAB Born: March 1994
Gender became on radar: 2007
Admitted to self : 2010
Came out: May 12 2014
Estrogen: October 16 2015
<3
  •