Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

I'm kind of scared about the next years ahead

Started by redhot1, November 22, 2016, 06:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deborah

Ultimately the Republican desire for national unity will remain a phantasm as long as their Christian wing demands a total abortion ban, a repeal of same sex marriage, a restriction on LGBT rights, and the right for anyone Christian to discriminate in public commerce against anyone for anything based upon some claimed religious belief.  They demand this at the same time they demand a restriction on  Muslim free exercise of religion based upon their religious beliefs.  Regardless of what you think of either religion this is a clearly not in accordance with the first amendment to the Constitution.

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.
André Gide, Autumn Leaves
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

cheryl reeves

Quote from: Deborah on November 26, 2016, 03:47:44 AM
CLAIM: Barack and Michelle Obama surrendered their law licenses to avoid pending disciplinary actions.  FALSE
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/lawlicenses.asp
That is true I remember when that happened
Obama born in Kenya. FALSE
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthers/birthcertificate.asp
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthers/kenyacert.asp

Barry Sotoero admitted being born in Kenyan,he didn't barrack til he came back to the USA after renewing his Pakistani passport,this is why he holds no law license for he lied about using different names.
It never ends.

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.

Snopes has been proven to use falsified info. So don't use it ,i prefer source material.

•  

mac1

Quote from: Deborah on November 26, 2016, 11:21:32 AM
Ultimately the Republican desire for national unity will remain a phantasm as long as their Christian wing demands a total abortion ban, a repeal of same sex marriage, a restriction on LGBT rights, and the right for anyone Christian to discriminate in public commerce against anyone for anything based upon some claimed religious belief.  They demand this at the same time they demand a restriction on  Muslim free exercise of religion based upon their religious beliefs.  Regardless of what you think of either religion this is a clearly not in accordance with the first amendment to the Constitution.

Amendment I. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

It does not say that religion has to be separate from government. It does say that the practice of any religion must be restricted based on it's non-acceptance by another.  Current practice in the United States has been to restrict the rights of Christianity and Judaism while promoting the rights of Islam and Atheism.  How is that in agreement with the Constitution?
?
  •  

Deborah

Please explain how Christian and Jewish rights have been infringed.

Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Dena

:police: This thread is locked for administrator review. A member who I have great respect for is leaving the room as the result of the infighting that is taking place. Political discussion are limited to to how government policies affect the LGBT community. This thread has drifted far from the original issue posted by the OP and I currently feel it's not salvageable  :police:
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •