Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Democracy, a reminder

Started by Gwen Rhydderch, November 11, 2016, 04:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwen Rhydderch

For those who see protest as undemocratic. You have seemingly forgotten what democracy means.

It is not about winning; it is not about "unity"; it is not about "coming together" under one banner.

•  

Gwen Rhydderch

Quote from: SadieBlake on November 11, 2016, 06:05:04 PM
Yep, sadly a friend of a friend was assaulted yesterday by Trump supporters for being part of a peaceful demonstration calling for respect of LGBT rights.
So sad to hear this :(  His campaign quite deliberately roused the very worst from his supporters.  We have been experiencing similar incidents here in post-referendum Britain from some folks (who voted "leave") who see the referendum "victory" as license to attack and abuse.
  •  

Michelle_P

In order for me to consider any other issue I need to first be allowed to sit at the table. I need to have the right to exist before I can decide what is best for that existence.
- Mila Madison

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Deborah

I figure we should be fair and give trump just as much respect as he gave President Obama with his birther nonsense.

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.
André Gide, Autumn Leaves
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Mariah

:police:
Topics not directly related to trans or LBGT issues are against policy as a result. Thread locked.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •