Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Have you had your flu shot this year?

Started by tinkerbell, November 05, 2007, 07:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinkerbell

If you haven't, please do STAT.  I didn't get it this year (I know, totally unacceptable considering that I work for the health care industry and all) but oh well.  Today I went to work with a sore throat and my health deteriorated in a matter of hours.  My body aches, I feel horrible, and I am feverish.  I think I am catching the flu. :( :(

Try this website to find a flu shot location near you:

http://www.findaflushot.com/

tink :icon_chick:
  •  

Sandi

Thanks for the reminder, I have been planning to get one soon, but it keeps slipping my mind.

Fortunately I don't have to make an appointment. Because I use VA medical exclusively, I just walk into the local VA clinic and ask with no appointment needed. Within ten minutes I am out of there.
  •  

Steph

Due to the nature of my work I get mine every year.  After all they're free.  Gotta love the free stuff :)

Steph
  •  

Sheila

I never get a flu shot and I have not been that sick. I did get a cough at the beginning of the school year and was congested, but got over that in about a week. I think that the whole time that I have been working I have called in sick 3 times. Thats over 40 years of work.
Sheila
  •  

KarenLyn

I  usually don't bother even though I work in the health care field. I finally broke down and let my manager give me one after she practically begged. She wanted the department to be 100%.  I guess since I'm almost elderly I should probably get one every year but I'm also pretty contrary so I'll probably resist it all the way.

Karen Lyn
  •  

Christo

Quote from: Tink on November 05, 2007, 07:51:41 PM
Today I went to work with a sore throat and my health deteriorated in a matter of hours.  My body aches, I feel horrible, and I am feverish.  I think I am catching the flu. :( :(

:icon_hug:  sorry to hear about it.  I've never got a flu shot.  dont need it.  dunno. feel better soon :) :) :)
  •  

Lori

I'll probably get a ton of flak for this and I have heard I dont' know how many doctors and nurses say "YOU CANNOT GET THE FLU OR GET SICK FROM A FLU SHOT"

Every year I got the flu shot I ended up missing almost a week of work sick, throwing up and every joint in my body wracked with pain. Not once, not twice, but three times. I never had the flu until I tried flu shots. Those three years I got flu shots, I got the flu each and everytime. You cannot pay me to get another flu shot at this point. It may be coinicedence, yet the last two years have rolled by just like the previous 34 without a flu shot and I have not gotten sick.

"In my world, everybody is a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!"

If the shoe fits, buy it in every color.
  •  

Sarah Louise

I have never gotten the flu shots, even though I am a prime candidate.  Over 60, not good health, etc.  It's just the idea of having to drive somewhere and sit in a crowd, I just can't do that anymore.

I just looked at the suggested website and the closest site is a 45 minute drive and in a Mall, I don't do noisy crowds.

Sarah L.
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

Suzy

Yes I've had mine.  And I'm glad.  Since I am diabetic, my doc is fanatical about making sure I have.

Kristi
  •  

Pica Pica

•  

Dennis

I usually get one because I don't want to kill my mother off by bringing something home from work. Haven't yet, but will soon. Thanks for reminder and I hope you feel better soon Tink.

Dennis
  •  

carol_w

I work in health care, so my boss made me get one.  I never get any reaction other feeling kinda lousy for about 12 hours or so.  So I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

Carol
  •  

BeverlyAnn

Tink, hope you feel better soon.  Take a jigger of honey, heat it, add a jigger of whiskey and stir with a peppermint stick...then drink.  Won't help any really but 2 or 3 of them and you don't care if you're sick.  ;D

Actually I get a flu shot every year since I have to take my mother to the doctor to get hers.  I've never had any kind of adverse reaction to the shot. 

Beverly
  •  

tinkerbell

Thank you all so much.  I'm still alive.  ;D  I have lost my voice; I have a pounding migraine, and I'm coughing my lungs out but I"m OK.  ::)

Quote from: Lori on November 06, 2007, 08:40:07 AM
Every year I got the flu shot I ended up missing almost a week of work sick, throwing up and every joint in my body wracked with pain. Not once, not twice, but three times. I never had the flu until I tried flu shots. Those three years I got flu shots, I got the flu each and everytime. You cannot pay me to get another flu shot at this point. It may be coinicedence, yet the last two years have rolled by just like the previous 34 without a flu shot and I have not gotten sick.

Lori, I know what you mean and this is the reason why I didn't get the flushot this year and you see what happened.  I'm doomed!  :(

Quote from: Chris on November 06, 2007, 12:27:42 AM
:icon_hug:  sorry to hear about it.  I've never got a flu shot.  dont need it.  dunno. feel better soon :) :) :)

You don't need it? Okaaay! what do you mean, Peter Pan?  I know you are super man and all but viruses don't discriminate.  :P  ;)

Quote from: BeverlyAnn on November 06, 2007, 03:19:33 PM
Tink, hope you feel better soon.  Take a jigger of honey, heat it, add a jigger of whiskey and stir with a peppermint stick...then drink.  Won't help any really but 2 or 3 of them and you don't care if you're sick.  ;D

Beverly

Actually Bev, I was prescribed something much better.  Phenergan with codeine syrup!  >:D LOL  ;D

•  

BeverlyAnn

Quote from: Tink on November 06, 2007, 05:54:13 PM
Phenergan with codeine syrup!  >:D LOL  ;D

Ah yes.  As we said in the 60's..."Better living through chemistry."  ROFL

Beverly
  •  

Christo

Thank you all so much.  I'm still alive.  ;D  I have lost my voice; I have a pounding migraine, and I'm coughing my lungs out but I"m OK.  ::)

ahhh feel beter soon princes :icon_hug: :icon_kiss:

You don't need it? Okaaay! what do you mean, Peter Pan?  I know you are super man and all but viruses don't discriminate.  :P  ;)

lmao :laugh: yep I know.  I was just messin ;)

Actually Bev, I was prescribed something much better.  Phenergan with codeine syrup! >:D  LOL  ;D

lmao :laugh: that stuff aint good for u though ;)

•  

Lori

Quote from: Lori on November 06, 2007, 08:40:07 AM

Lori, I know what you mean and this is the reason why I didn't get the flushot this year and you see what happened.  I'm doomed!  :(

Dang....

I'm still not getting one lol. Glad to hear you are doing ok though. The flu sucks.
"In my world, everybody is a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!"

If the shoe fits, buy it in every color.
  •