Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Scary haggling, is this a good price for laser?

Started by Dizzy, August 21, 2007, 11:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzy

Hiya,

I have a sort of strange story about American Laser centers. I saw a flyer for them that said for a special for the next month sign up now and get $250 off so I went to their website and there was a contest to win like $5000 in hair removal so I said why not, and signed up. I get a call next week saying I was a winner of some sort for $300 and I should schedule an appointment. So I did, just because they called me... I wouldn't have the courage to call them at this point. I drove down there and it was supposed to be a "consultation". Basically, the girl helping me told me how it worked and tried to sell it to me for $3,000. Then she said oh you did the internet thing, minus three hundred. I was like.. I saw this ad.. for $250 off.. you're telling me I won $50? She said oh... well my manager told me if you made your appointment today we could take another $100 off. Long story short she kept working on me until she said she'd do the full treatment for my facial hair, beard area, with a 2 year guarantee for $1400. She was very pushy and I just wasn't comfortable so I told her I'd think about it. Was that a good price? I really can't find any place to compare. I see that people have posted in the forums that electrolysis is around $2000 total.

Thanks!
Dee

•  

seldom

electrolysis is usually well above $2000 for the hundreds of hours and years it takes.  Wherever you are getting that price is offbase.  The cheapest I have seen somebody get away with is $5000. 

$1400 for laser is great.  I would say you are fine. 

Laser is cheaper, faster, less painful and just as effective.  If you can do laser, do it. 
  •  

Dizzy

Wow so I had a good deal? I had a feeling I should have gone with it. Hopefully she keeps the deal when I call back :3
  •  

Jolene4ever

I am paying $1200.00 for 5 sessions. She uses a newer laser and although the pain is real prickly type, for a hairless face in 5 1/2 months it's worth it. Jolene
  •  

LostInTime

I hit a place just as they opened up and ended up with 6 treatments for $950. A few years later I have had almost a complete regrowth so I will be going back to needle electro and should have stuck with it, I would be cleared now.
  •  

Lisbeth

I would never go more than three times.  If it didn't get rid of the hair by then, the next three times aren't going to do much better.  Just go a few times to thin the hair and immediately switch to electro.
"Anyone who attempts to play the 'real transsexual' card should be summarily dismissed, as they are merely engaging in name calling rather than serious debate."
--Julia Serano

http://juliaserano.blogspot.com/2011/09/transsexual-versus-transgender.html
  •  

seldom

Lisbeth that is actually EXTREMELY inaccurate statement to make.  No offense, but it takes most people about a year to a year and a half to have complete removal with laser and it does work, and it does sometimes require maintenance.  Then again, I have an extremely experienced tech, and dark hair. 
  •  

Melissa

Quote from: Amy T. on September 06, 2007, 10:54:06 AMLisbeth that is actually EXTREMELY inaccurate statement to make.
Have you noticed that people who don't qualify for laser anyways (wrong hair color) seem to be the biggest opponents to it?
  •  

LynnER

Let me guess....  Your going with American Laser heheheh....  I paid 2000 for my package with them and compaired to other places localy that in itsself was a steal... <origonal price was about 3500 when I went>

Atleast here there good people and they do use the better type lasers... there are also a few people in chat who have gone through them <recomend them highly>  There either using the aurora laser <dosnt hurt that bad> or the new E-somethingorother Laser <painfull even to me>...  and they both seem to be doing a good job on the lighter hairs <thank goodness for technology advancments...>

if you talked them down to 1400 you rock LoL.

<P.S> if there regional manager was there you tend to get WAY better deals....

Posted on: September 06, 2007, 11:42:07 AM
See how fast I skim some things... I totaly missed the part where you said you had a flyer for american laser LoL.

Lisibeth...  Theres a reason for them wanting you to do atleast 6 sessions...  the first three will thin it out decently but after you knock out that many hairs the laser starts leaving very large bald patches everywhere... you have to give it time to work...
  •  

Melissa

Quote from: LynnER on September 06, 2007, 11:43:08 AM
Let me guess....  Your going with American Laser heheheh....  I paid 2000 for my package with them and compaired to other places localy that in itsself was a steal... <origonal price was about 3500 when I went>
Cool, I went to ALC too.  I paid about $1500 for my package and I was even able to do it in payments.  The one I go to uses the LightSheer Diode Laser with the Coolglide tip, which has been VERY effective.  I used electro (thermolysis) for my blond hairs though, which has also been VERY effective.
  •  

AnaTXGrl

$1500 sounds about right. Hopefully it works out for you. Good luck.

Ana
  •  

SocalledLife

Melissa,

Is your hair really red or I Love Lucy red?  I was told that the laser would do squat with my red hair...

DANA
  •