Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Hello world

Started by TechGirl, December 02, 2016, 07:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechGirl

So, I am active serving on active duty in the Navy and was diagnosed officially with gender disphoria in May 2016.   As of today, I have wonderful sweet tasting little blue pills officially prescribed by Naval medicine to treat my disphoria.

From what my doc tells me, I'm the first "new" (as in not already on hrt) transgender for the Portsmouth, VA region.

I can now call myself a transsexual.

And it has been almost a year since center I discovered I was a transgender person.

Thank you Dena, if not for you and all the support of Susan's, I would not be here today.

😂
  •  

Dena

In the movie of your life, I am the camera hog but there are the set people, camera people, commissary and even the payroll department that made all of this possible. Congratulations on starting HRT. It's one of many steps but it's a major milestone.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

TechGirl

Quote from: Dena on December 02, 2016, 08:05:55 PM
In the movie of your life, I am the camera hog but there are the set people, camera people, commissary and even the payroll department that made all of this possible. Congratulations on starting HRT. It's one of many steps but it's a major milestone.
Thank you [emoji5]
  •  

TechGirl

Ok, so I know that the very low starter dose (can't say how much, of course ;-) of hrt is not really that much, just enough for the endorsement to make sure there are no bad reactions.  Also, I am in my early forties, so I don't expect much physical change.

That said, despite still having the morning "expansion" of the male plumbing, I haven't noticed "it" spontaneously standing to attention while tucked today.

Also, when I was choosing what clothes to wear out today to Christmas shop, I felt REALLY bold. No wig, no makeup, but very female shirt,small breast forms, pushup bra, tucked, jacket, jeans, AND, took my small purse. While shopping, I even took off my jacket and wore my purse.

Now, I've never been this bold. Decent jeans, low key women's shirt (solid dark blue or black short sleeve Ralph Lauren), small breast form enhancers with bra, and NEVER a purse, that's my usual compromise fare (as in, just don't feel authentic enough to put on makeup and wig).

Yet, nary a look today. Went to a Babies'R'Us and Toys'R'Us.  No stares, no issues, quite out there and open.

No, I haven't had facial hair removal yet and only been on hrt a couple of days.

Placebo effect, maybe?  Thoughts?
  •  

mac1

?
  •  

AshleyP

Quote from: TechGirl on December 04, 2016, 08:13:00 PM
Also, I am in my early forties, so I don't expect much physical change.

I just started hrt about a week before you did. I'm in my 60's and  have talked to my therapist about what to expect. She keeps saying that I'm going to be surprised by the extent of the facial/physical changes that are to come. She cites her experience with three clients that were all older than me when they started hrt. My therapist is transgender as well. Despite that, I still temper my expectation just like you're doing.

Also, when I was choosing what clothes to wear out today to Christmas shop, I felt REALLY bold. ... Yet, nary a look today. Went to a Babies'R'Us and Toys'R'Us.  No stares, no issues, quite out there and open.

Go bold girl! For the last two years, everything I wear came out of the Ladies' department. I've gotten no flak at all.  As for the purse, the storage is so handy and it's the best place for your CCW.

Placebo effect, maybe?  Thoughts?

No, not a placebo effect; it's the feeling of affirmation, at least according to my therapist.

All the best,
--AshleyP

[/url

•  

sarah1972

Congratulations! Big first steps :-)

•  

Mariah

Spontaneities attention despite being tucked is yes is still possible and for some it could be as long as that member is there. It's possible if you were on a higher dose that it might not do it, but at such a low dose it isn't enough to knock down the T enough to shut it down. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

TechGirl

Hello everyone,

I thought I'd give an update as it had been about four weeks since I started hrt.

I haven't really noticed any changes. Yes, a huge weight is off my shoulders for finally starting. And yes, libido has dropped, don't recall the last time I had an erection.

But I haven't felt any other changes (mood, tingling nipple, not even side effects from spiro).

Also, my potassium lab came back good, Endo increased my Spiro. AND, the military pharmacy finally got estradiol valerate in stock. I was switched to injections at the next dose level.  I received my first shot today.

Maybe with the bump in dosage and change to injections, this next month will being more.

:-)
  •  

Sophia Sage

So glad you didn't throw an exception in your first four weeks!

The injections should, imo, make a big difference too.
What you look forward to has already come, but you do not recognize it.
  •  

TechGirl

Quote from: Sophia Sage on December 29, 2016, 05:18:07 PM
So glad you didn't throw an exception in your first four weeks!

The injections should, imo, make a big difference too.
Exception?
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: TechGirl on December 29, 2016, 07:06:02 PM
Exception?

Geek humor.  An 'exception' is an unexpected condition encountered by a software program, sort of an 'Emergency Stop' condition within a program.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

TechGirl

Quote from: Michelle_P on December 29, 2016, 07:41:58 PM
Geek humor.  An 'exception' is an unexpected condition encountered by a software program, sort of an 'Emergency Stop' condition within a program.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I should have got that, just not enough programming experience.

Thank u, gave me a smile [emoji5]
  •  

Rikigirl

Quote from: TechGirl on December 29, 2016, 01:20:00 PM
Hello everyone,

I thought I'd give an update as it had been about four weeks since I started hrt.

I haven't really noticed any changes. Yes, a huge weight is off my shoulders for finally starting. And yes, libido has dropped, don't recall the last time I had an erection.

But I haven't felt any other changes (mood, tingling nipple, not even side effects from spiro).

Also, my potassium lab came back good, Endo increased my Spiro. AND, the military pharmacy finally got estradiol valerate in stock. I was switched to injections at the next dose level.  I received my first shot today.

Maybe with the bump in dosage and change to injections, this next month will being more.

:-)

Congratulations Techgirl,

So glad you have rocked the boat and got the US Navy in your area on board with trans treatment and medication. You will have paved the way for others! Here in Australia the Defence forces have been such a male dominated environment. Recently there was a mtf transwoman who was a equivalent to a Naval Captain. When she came out this paved the way for others to do so without discrimination.

With the increases and changes in your medication I am sure you will start noticing the other changes you expect. Do you wear a uniform? Did you change that?

I hope all continues to go well for you!  :)

Riki

Trouble is, it hasn't happened yet!
  •  

TechGirl

Quote from: Rikigirl on December 29, 2016, 08:00:18 PM

With the increases and changes in your medication I am sure you will start noticing the other changes you expect. Do you wear a uniform? Did you change that?

Riki

The U. S. Military is being a little more "cautious" to their assistance with transition.

I won't be able to change my uniforms and grooming standards until I can change my gender marker in the system (as in, mostly done).

That's fine for me at the moment, only one month in on hrt and still look like an old worn out guy. Hopefully that will change over the course of the next year.

Then I'll look like an old worn out lady [emoji5]
  •  

AshleyP

Quote from: TechGirl on December 29, 2016, 01:20:00 PM

Like I mentioned above, I'm about a week ahead of you starting HRT. And like you, I haven't noticed anything yet either. A couple of weeks ago, I though my face might be less oily but then it dawned on me that the onset of cooler weather had just happened. So I kinda wrote that off.

I might add that I'm on what I'd characterize as a medium oral dose of E and a medium-low dose of Spiro. I've been on a low dose of Spiro for several years for another medical condition and have had a little bit of development of breast tissue from that. There's been no change in that, either.

Maybe we could touch base in another month and compare notes.

All the best,
--AshleyP

•  

Rikigirl

Quote from: TechGirl on December 29, 2016, 08:04:35 PM

The U. S. Military is being a little more "cautious" to their assistance with transition.

I won't be able to change my uniforms and grooming standards until I can change my gender marker in the system (as in, mostly done).

That's fine for me at the moment, only one month in on hrt and still look like an old worn out guy. Hopefully that will change over the course of the next year.

Then I'll look like an old worn out lady [emoji5]

Hahaha TechGirl,

I am sure you will look younger on hrt as many of us do! Maybe not so worn out then?

I hope they change your gender marker soon so you have that F rather than M on the file. Nothing worse than presenting as your new gender and having something else on file, drivers licence etc. It's hard enough as it is!  ::)

Riki

Trouble is, it hasn't happened yet!
  •  

Sophia Sage

Quote from: TechGirl on December 29, 2016, 07:43:05 PM
I should have got that, just not enough programming experience.

Thank u, gave me a smile [emoji5]

"Hello world" is the first thing we teach a computer to say when encountering a new programming language -- I thought you were a programmer! 
What you look forward to has already come, but you do not recognize it.
  •  

TechGirl

Quote from: Sophia Sage on December 29, 2016, 09:54:55 PM
"Hello world" is the first thing we teach a computer to say when encountering a new programming language -- I thought you were a programmer!
Very very basic. My last formal class was Turbo Pascal 3.0 in high school many years ago. Only lightly dabbled in Microsoft Visual Basic since then.
  •