Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Muscle pain after 3 months on HRT

Started by ScarletRed, December 28, 2016, 12:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScarletRed

I have been on HRT for just over 3 months and am experiencing muscle pain is that common when muscle mass reduction begins?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

KayXo

I never experienced muscle pain in my 12 yrs of HRT but I am not you. I would talk it over with your doctor. Hopefully, you are taking enough estrogen to counter the loss in androgen.
I am not a medical doctor, nor a scientist - opinions expressed by me on the subject of HRT are merely based on my own review of some of the scientific literature over the last decade or so, on anecdotal evidence from women in various discussion forums that I have come across, and my personal experience

On HRT since early 2004
Post-op since late 2005
  •  

AnonyMs

I think I've heard of spiro causing muscle pain.
  •  

StillAnonymous

I shared this experience in my legs, but it's good to check and maintain communication with your physician.  I had a lot of muscles in my legs from running often, and losing muscles caused painful charlie horses and I quickly feel sore after short walks.

What helped me was eating healthy, drinking plenty of water and getting the recommended amount of rest (7 or 8 hours per night).  I personally feel better after running and I believe this helped mitigate the issue.

•  

KayXo

Quote from: AnonyMs on December 28, 2016, 01:38:27 PM
I think I've heard of spiro causing muscle pain.

Indeed, spiro can cause muscle cramps due to increasing sodium loss for which increasing salt consumption usually helps. Check with your pharmacist/doctor.
I am not a medical doctor, nor a scientist - opinions expressed by me on the subject of HRT are merely based on my own review of some of the scientific literature over the last decade or so, on anecdotal evidence from women in various discussion forums that I have come across, and my personal experience

On HRT since early 2004
Post-op since late 2005
  •  

ScarletRed

Its not muscle cramps just soreness and pain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

KarynMcD

You could be getting weaker, but not realizing it, and still trying to do what used to do easily.
  •