Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Resurrection of the fitness section

Started by Audrey, February 26, 2008, 02:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Audrey

Just thought I would try to put this area back on the radar.

Lately I have been working out alot at our 24 hr fitness (OZ).  Originally I started going with friends, but after a few times their motivation is nill so I go by myself most nites.  Which isn't so bad as I get more done.   I do have to say that since working out I have been feeling sooo good about myself.  Maybe its the endorphins, who knows, but I think that all people who have depression and negative body images should do it.  I am not saying that I am usually depressed, but lately I have been feeling Great!!!!  Not to mention that after a stressful day of work I really look forward to my workout.

I kind of wish that my workout partners were not such slackers.  They haven't gone in like a week and I try to go at least every other day as a minimum.  Plus it gives me an excuse to get cute workout clothes.   :D  Now if I can just get a cute BF to work out with me.   ;)

Audrey
  •  

lady amarant

QuoteNow if I can just get a cute BF to work out with me.

Somehow I don't think that's gonna take too long hon - especially if you're at the gym without the entire army of friends in tow.

As to the post. I've been here what, two months at least? - didn't even know there was a fitness section, so kudos.
  •  

kae m

I'm absolutely terrible at new years resolutions, so I made a president's day resolution instead two weeks ago and finally joined a gym again.  I think I did pretty good this time, my membership costs half as much as the place I was going to a year ago, and even though I am stuck in the mens locker room for the foreseeable future, there are private rooms to change in inside so I'm at least less uncomfortable.

Even though I've only been at it for a week and a half, I feel so much better.  Part of it is because it just feels good to do, and the other part because I know I'm making progress toward my goals.  The downside is I really don't have any kind of clue what I'm doing, so it's just been a lot of time on the bike and elliptical.
  •