Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

muscle building

Started by Annwyn, February 28, 2008, 08:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annwyn

Contrary to what most of you MtFs think, building muscle is NOT mutually exclusive with being more effeminate.

I just thought I'd mention it to ya:-)
  •  

Keira

Absolutely, just build the upper leg, thigh, buttocks and core muscles and forget the rest :-).

•  

Annwyn

I'm still lifting heavy, and I'm losing most of my muscle even.  I'm still shooting my metabolism up enormously w/ my workouts, and I'm REALLY working on building my thighs.

Building muscle increases metabolism and that is much better than just doing 3 or 4 aerobics classes a week.
  •  

Keira

My metabolism is plenty high, lost 34 pounds in 14 months,
just by cutting drink 2 l of coke a day (800 calories).
I was stable at 188 prior to cutting the coke, so its
not like I was eating more than needed prior.

I burn about 2800 calories per day even if I don't exercise;
that's a lot. I've got much muscles in my lower body.

Cutting 800 calories means 50 pounds lost per year if they are
not all replaced. I must have replaced some of them, but not all.
  •  

vanessalaw

Can you folks recommend any exercise for losing weight without gaining muscles in places that would, well, not flatter a feminine figure?
  •  

Annwyn

Quote from: Vanessa Law on February 29, 2008, 12:40:26 AM
Can you folks recommend any exercise for losing weight without gaining muscles in places that would, well, not flatter a feminine figure?
"Not flatter a feminine figure."
Haha, wtf's that mean?

I could really say that anyone could get in shape just using a recumberent bike.  You can get em off overstock.com for $500ish for quality ones.  They don't plug in like treadmills so no electricity bill and they're good on your knees.
What I like most about them is that you're jammed in a seat(I say jammed) so you can push with everything you've got, and it's got some good resistance levels on there.  The resistance level is enough to build up some muscle in the glutes, thighs, and most likely the soleus and possibly gastrocnemius as well.  20 minutes of heavy interval training on these things is awesome.  What I really suggest is to start off with moving up each minute one resistance till you can barely finish off a minute, then starting over, till you've gotted 18 minutes, then a 2 minute sprint.

Of course, if you've got access to a gym, a trainer would be your best option.  Being the egotistical bitch I am, I think I'm the best trainer in the nation, but I'm trying to keep that ego down.  The fact is if you could get someone local and IN PERSON to help you out, it'd be much better.  Just get a trainer for 3-5 sessions to show you the rops say, "I want to build some leg muscle to increase my metabolism."  If the trainer starts getting you to do cirus tricks on medicine balls, slap him.  You jsut wanna learn a few basic squats, squat variations, how the leg press works and how to work the different muscles of the leg and thigh, etc.  After that it's up to you to research some workout programs online to switch it up once every 3 months.

I personally, am still a powerlifter.  That plus a good bit of hypertrophy work on my legs and I've got a bomb inside of me that can burst to life at my command plus a figure that isn't that bad, mostly in the legs.  You've just got to get in the game for a while and learn how it's done, how to push yourself to the limit without killing your back and your knees, etc.

Posted on: February 29, 2008, 06:44:18 AM
Oh yes, and I am hereby declaring an alliance w/ Keira to oppose the silly fitness dogma prevalent on susans forums!

hehehe.

Ya game?
  •  

lady amarant

•