Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

My new name

Started by Asche, January 05, 2017, 01:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asche

Yesterday, on the train home, I had to show my monthly ticket.  After the conductor had gone by, I double-checked the ticket to make sure they had the right name and gender marker on the ticket.  I read my name, "Allison," on the bottom of the ticket.

And it made me so happy.  "That's me!" I thought and felt an inner glow.

It's funny.  I picked the name about two years ago because I thought the one I'd been trying out was really too pretty for a plain unremarkable person like me.  I went through a bunch of names with a guy from my support group and  finally ignored his suggestions and went with Allison, because it seemed nothing-special enough for me.

But now it's my name.  The county court so ordered, the passport office issued a passport in the name, etc.  At this point all of the cards in my wallet (except for my AAA card) have "Allison."

I'm really Allison now.  And it's so nice!!!

(As long as I don't look in the mirror. :( )
"...  I think I'm great just the way I am, and so are you." -- Jazz Jennings

CPTSD
  •  

Michelle_P

Hi, Allison!  That must be a wonderful feeling (except for the damn mirror, a problem I also have).  I get my court order in a week.  A preliminary judgement in my favor has already been issued, so, yay!  Then I get to queue in a bunch of bureaucracies and wait, grinning all the while, to get various documents revised.

It's a lot of work, I suspect, but having a wallet full of affirmation is so worth it!

Congratulations on getting all of this done!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

lostcharlie

Hi Allison , it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance . Jessica.
  •