Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Ear Piercing - Check.

Started by Denise, December 30, 2016, 08:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denise

I'm speechless.  My wife suggested that tonight was as good a time as any to get my ears pierced!  I had asked for it as a Christmas present and she asked that I wait until after the kids leave (they are on their own 350 and 800 miles away.) We were on our way to the mall for other business and in we walked to Piercing Pagoda.

I now have two titanium balls in my ears (Minds out of the gutter ladies and gentlemen!)  I'm so excited I'm ... speechless.
1st Person out: 16-Oct-2015
Restarted Spironolactone 26-Aug-2016
Restarted Estradiol Valerate: 02-Nov-2016
Full time: 02-Mar-2017
Breast Augmentation (Schechter): 31-Oct-2017
FFS (Walton in Chicago): 25-Sep-2018
Vaginoplasty (Schechter): 13-Dec-2018

A haiku in honor of my grandmother who loved them.

The Voices are Gone
Living Life to the Fullest
I am just Denise
  •  

V M

Congrats on your new piercings Denise  ;D  Hope they bring you as much joy as mine have given me
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Mariah

Congrats on getting your ears pierced Denise. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Denise

So I'm surprised that
1) I actually did it
2) how calm I am about doing it (no buyer's remorse)
3) just sitting here watching TV and realize how much better I feel right this minute compared to how I felt a year ago, a month ago or even yesterday.

It's the little things that all add up.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

The Voices are Gone
I am just Denise
  •  

SueNZ

Fantastic Denise, I am envious. Hopefully sometime in the next year for me. My wife bought me 2 pairs of clip-ons for Xmas, just not quite the same but lovely.
Enjoy [emoji106][emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Treat life's difficult times as if they are normal moments, this makes the normal and special ones even more fantastic.
  •  

Dayta

Congratulations!  My earrings bring me great joy, and I hope yours do too!!  (bring YOU joy that is)

Erin

•  

LizK

Quote from: Denise on December 30, 2016, 10:28:49 PM
So I'm surprised that
1) I actually did it
3) just sitting here watching TV and realize how much better I feel right this minute compared to how I felt a year ago, a month ago or even yesterday.

Had my right ear pierced when I was 18 and then again at 21, the 25th of September 2015 was the day I decided to get my other ear pierced because it was also the day I started my Transition...good on you!!! I have about 20-30 pairs of earring and  change them all the time. They are about the cheapest( and most fun) Jewellery that you can get ...my favourite are little silver butterflies that I have a matching ring and bracelet for.

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

SueNZ

Quote from: ElizabethK on December 31, 2016, 12:52:30 AM
Had my right ear pierced when I was 18 and then again at 21, the 25th of September 2015 was the day I decided to get my other ear pierced because it was also the day I started my Transition...good on you!!! I have about 20-30 pairs of earring and  change them all the time. They are about the cheapest( and most fun) Jewellery that you can get ...my favourite are little silver butterflies that I have a matching ring and bracelet for.

Liz
Good on you Liz. Happy New Year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Treat life's difficult times as if they are normal moments, this makes the normal and special ones even more fantastic.
  •  

Maybebaby56

Good for you, Denise!

At the time I had mine done, it was the scariest and most daring step I had taken in my transition. Very few people knew I was transitioning, and it felt like those little studs in my ears were the most glaring and obvious sign in the world that my secret was out. I was so afraid of what people would say.

My wife's reaction (we were separated two years by then) was predictable - surprise and implied disapproval.  At work, I got one casual comment from a woman, "Oh, you got your ears pierced", and one smirky, all-knowing comment by one of the men, "I see you got your ears pierced.  You know, when guys your age get their ears pierced, it usually means one of two things: either a mid-life crisis, or there's a woman."  I replied, "You're right, it's because of a woman."  What I didn't mention was the woman was me.

Anyway, enjoy your newly pierced ears! 

With kindness,

Terri
"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives" - Annie Dillard
  •  

sarah1972

Quote from: Denise on December 30, 2016, 10:28:49 PM
So I'm surprised that
1) I actually did it

Ah - way cool. I can so relate. I had mine done Thursday.. every time I look in the mirror and see the two studs I have to smile :-)

And I have the same disbelief that I actually did it...

•  

CoriM

Quote from: Maybebaby56 on December 31, 2016, 08:04:58 AM
...it usually means one of two things: either a mid-life crisis, or there's a woman."
I replied, "You're right, it's because of a woman." 
What I didn't mention was the woman was me.

That's lovely! I'm stealing it for later.

Oh, Happy New Year!
  •  

lostcharlie

Congratulations Denise ! Had mine done last month so can totally relate to what your feeling. Funny how something so small can make one feel so good. Jessica.
  •  

Denise

Quote from: lostcharlie on December 31, 2016, 08:19:49 PM
Congratulations Denise ! Had mine done last month so can totally relate to what your feeling. Funny how something so small can make one feel so good. Jessica.
I agree totally.  I actually had male fail today and those moments feel great too.

The Voices are Gone
I am just Denise
  •  

Pisces228

Congratulations!  I remember how awesome it felt when I got my ears pierced.  And just think about all the different earrings you will be able to wear after they heal!
  •  

Denise

Quote from: Pisces228 on January 04, 2017, 04:50:43 AM
Congratulations!  I remember how awesome it felt when I got my ears pierced.  And just think about all the different earrings you will be able to wear after they heal!
I figure I just became infinitely easier to shop for for my kids.  😁

The Voices are Gone
I am just Denise
  •  

laurenb

Pierced ears are SO on my list for this year. Would love to see a pic of your titanium studs. Are they small? How long will you have to leave them in before they heal?
  •  

Denise

Very small, maybe 2mm.  Maybe smaller.  If I were to do it again, I would get larger balls.  The small size maker it nearly impossible to twist which is essential to keep them healthy during the healing period.  I get them at Please Pagoda total cost: $21.31 (piercing free)

The instructions say 4 to 6 weeks for the piercing studs.  Then 6 months (?) before going without anything in the hooked or wire hooks.

The Voices are Gone
I am just Denise
  •  

sarah1972

They recommended leaving the starter studs in for 6-8 weeks and clean them daily with saline or sea salt solution.

Usually you can get different sizes, in must cases they are around 3mm (1/8 inch).

Quote from: laurenb on January 05, 2017, 06:39:26 AM
Pierced ears are SO on my list for this year. Would love to see a pic of your titanium studs. Are they small? How long will you have to leave them in before they heal?

•  

laurenb

•