Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Military IDs

Started by Jessika, December 22, 2016, 09:41:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessika

Hello,

Are there any Vets(Retired) here who have had their ID's changed since transitioning?

I'm searching the web and have not found a definitive answer to what I need.

I need to enter a Military base (with male ID), go to the ID Office and change my name and gender to a new ID.

Requirements are strewed all over.

Any solid advice please?  Thanks :)
My Fantasy is having Two Men at once...

One Cooking, One Cleaning.  ;D 

•  

Jessika

My Fantasy is having Two Men at once...

One Cooking, One Cleaning.  ;D 

•  

Mariah

I recommend that you call the office and ask them directly the question. They should be able to help you. Yes, the standards are pretty standard across the board, but each office still handles things are particular way based on the policies that affect that office. They will be most up to date in regards to the current policies. Luckily that isn't something I had to be concerned with. I just have to deal with my mom's and making sure her's always current due to Tricare. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Dani

Yes, you need to do this at a military base that has an ID office. Bring your current ID, court order changing your name, and proof of surgery if post-op. Some military bases are open to the everybody, such as army reserve units. If a guarded base is the only one available, some people register as quests and ask for directions to the ID office.
  •