Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Pastor gives advice how to come out to Conservative Parents

Started by DawnOday, January 15, 2017, 12:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DawnOday

Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Eevee

I'm an atheist, but I have a good understanding of Christianity because I grew up in it. I've tried the approaches in this article with my conservative Christian parents, but it didn't budge their hatred at all. Unfortunately, some people are too stubborn to try to view things from another angle.

Eevee

Because its genetic makeup is irregular, it quickly changes its form due to a variety of causes.

•  

Deborah

He has a lot of nice words that unfortunately reflect only a small part of the New Testament.  Anyway, Jesus also said this, Matt 10:35-37. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man's foes will be those of his own household. He who loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and he who loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; (RSV2CE)

Christianity is primarily a religion of doctrine and dogma that has been set down over the past two millennia. Simply quoting scripture is never going to win this battle.

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.
André Gide, Autumn Leaves
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •