Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Height

Started by Kylo, January 26, 2017, 06:12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylo

If you have an issue with your height, how do you personally deal with it?

Would you do any of those surgeries that lengthen the leg bones or wear stuff that makes you appear taller or literally makes you taller?

Strange thing, I never considered height much before but lately I have been thinking more about it. What a difference five or six inches would make. 
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

haeden

That's a thing?! I'm so interested in something that makes me taller!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

•  

patrick1967

I have seriously looked into getting lifts or elevtor boots. being 5'1" sucks

•  

FTMax

I'm 5'5". I see plenty of guys out and about in the world that are as tall as or shorter than me. So it doesn't bother me so much anymore. Would it be nice to be taller? Sure. But it isn't a strong enough desire for me to do something about it. I pass 100% of the time as tall as I am now, so there would be no point to it for me.
T: 12/5/2014 | Top: 4/21/2015 | Hysto: 2/6/2016 | Meta: 3/21/2017

I don't come here anymore, so if you need to get in touch send an email: maxdoeswork AT protonmail.com
  •  

Kylo

I come from a family with short men in it (mother's side, all guys on that side are shorter than me) and the ones on my dad's side are all tall. Spent most of my time around the former so I know it doesn't affect too many aspects of life for them and it never colors my opinion of another person. When it comes to myself though, I have some issues with it and I'm not sure exactly why.

I know it affects the dynamics of interactions to some degree. I'm not short for the birth gender but was always inordinately picked on, which has made me respond to aggression with aggression rather than diplomacy. Could be a problem. 
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

jentay1367

Ahhhh. The irony, I'm a 5'10" transwonan. I'd love to be shorter, much shorter! If its any consolation guys,

Founder of Israel...David Ben Gurion  5'0"

Engelbert Dollfuss, Austrian Chancellor from 1932-34, stood 4ft 11in in his socks

Benito Juarez, five times president of Mexico between 1867 and 1872, at 4ft 6in.

Not to intrude on a thread not meant for me, but these guys totally rocked it.

Sorry to bother you guys. I don't like being told supermodels are my height either as I'm not and never will be.  Carry on, Gentlemen.
  •  

TransAm

I'm 5'7" and, if I'm being honest, I absolutely hate it. I've always had issues with my height... but I'm one of those people that would transform into a 6'6" 350lb muscle-bound beast without any hesitation if I could.
That being said, I've learned to deal with it because there are no really viable alternatives; I see plenty of guys either shorter than me, the same height, or just barely taller.
I think my issues are compounded by the fact that all of the males in my family are very tall and I know I'd have been taller if I'd have started HRT sooner/been born into the correct gender. Took a while to choke that bitter pill down.

I figure if I'm going to be on the shorter side, I have to be muscular and bulky to counteract it (I'm going for a sweet Ankylosaurus body) so I've been busting my *** at the gym. I'm just a hair under 200 at 195lbs with an eventual goal of 210-215. So yeah, that's been my solution; I just focus on what can be changed to put my mind at ease.
"I demolish my bridges behind me - then there is no choice but forward." - Fridtjof Nansen
  •  

patrick1967

I never gave a darn about my appearance before starting to transition so I am 5'1" and as wide as I am tall. I am focusing on losing the weight ( down 12 lbs already) and then I am going to try and tone up. 5'5" would be a blessing. But if I can get the body proportinate I don't think it will bother me as much. Still going to look into lifts tho
  •  

Wild Flower

I'm ftm *in the head*, haven't transistion yet, so still technically living a cis-gender male life. OKAY, I noticed that being at my height 5'7 (or 5 feet, and 6.5 inches) kind of sucks, so I used to put lifts in my shoes. It's not that I hated being short, because I am okay with it, but I don't feel "elegant" or "graceful" being my height.

If I was a fully transitioned woman, trust me, I am putting on the high heels immediately because being around 5'9 is the sweet spot for me (that and I look better), and I like tall men.... so I don't even look at guys who are shorter than 6'2.

I also wish I was shorter, but not as a man, if I was a cisgender woman, I rather be 5'5. That way I could totally rock high heels. It's about the proportions.

I don't care about "being taller than the average woman", I care about looking good, and that's about it. Adriana Lima looks good and she's very tall. I am around Kate Winslet height, so I am okay (same shoe size).

Not my forum, but I feel as a "fake" cisgender man I could answer this lol.
"Anyone who believes what a cat tells him deserves all he gets."
  •  

Austin Rodgers

God I feel you man. Being 5'3 it really does take a toll on your self esteem. As I've thought about it, it doesn't bother me as much. Just think just like with cis guys, height will vary. There are guys 4'11 and get hot chicks, great jobs, and have happy lives. You've just gotta present yourself in a confident way and not let people know it bothers you. Also, maybe watch what kind of clothes you wear, try to avoid huge baggy clothing, it could make you look smaller. Working out would also help to make you look overall bigger, and it would probably make you more confident.

Also, there are some AWESOME height increasing shoes that look just like normal shoes but can give you up to 5.5 inches in height.
http://www.increasingshoes.com/onlineorder.asp?SearchHEIGHT=3
"Enjoy the little things, for one day, you may look back and realize they were the big things."
  •  

Kylo

There is a silver lining I guess... The taller and more intimidating you look the more likely it can be that other guys pick a fight with you. I've seen it happen so many times, especially on the club circuit where people are drinking and operating on the "reptile brain". All the bigger guys I knew there got the most trouble, people went for them the most as if they were "legit" targets because of their size.

(Ofc because of their size they usually handled it pretty easily)
  •  

Elis

I'm 5'5 (and 3/4 to be exact  ;) ) and I must admit it does very slightly still bother me. It's probably just because I already look young for my age and being my height obviously doesn't help; that plus I don't like how some guys have to look down on me if we're talking. But it helps when I remind myself I've seen plenty of men in public my height or just an inch or so taller. I've considered; not seriously though; surgery to make me taller. But it seems a very painful operation to only add an inch or two to my height. And as a friend has pointed out maybe it would then maybe make me look out of proportion as my torso would look too short in comparison to my legs  :D.

But yeah I don't think guys hassle you about your height. Just act tougher than you are and you'll fit in. Me being on T and having a muscular/chunky build helps.
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

Kylo

There seems to be a thing mocking shorter guys who compensate by trying to bulk up or act tougher.

I dunno, maybe that's where some of my social problems come from. I don't try to act tough or look especially larger than I am. I just get real serious when someone messes with me (I do mean like seriously screwing with me, not just joking around) and it tends to freak people out. I guess they don't expect someone with my demeanor to have that sort of side to them. Maybe there is something to be said for 'displaying' your personality more openly, as it might give people more of a clue to leave you alone.

But it's happened enough times for me to know something's up. Either that or not being someone else's doormat is just what earns you this kinda hassle in life.

•  

Moomin

I live in Scotland where all the men are rather short. The tallest being around 5 foot 8 and the average around 5 foot 5. They totally rock it though, usually with being stocky with lush beards!

I know its not all about attraction, but women don't care about height as much as you would think. I'm intersex and all my female friends are Cis and whenever we have girly chats about men, we really don't ask for much. Sure height, good looks, e.t.c are nice, but all we really ask, is that you turn up for a date, freshly washed and in clean clothes. That's it! Also (in my friend group at least) we prefer a tummy over 6 pack abs any day! Xxx
Don't let anyone ever dull your sparkle!
  •  

Hughie

Quote from: Moomin on January 28, 2017, 04:48:10 AM
I live in Scotland where all the men are rather short. The tallest being around 5 foot 8 and the average around 5 foot 5. They totally rock it though, usually with being stocky with lush beards!

I know its not all about attraction, but women don't care about height as much as you would think. I'm intersex and all my female friends are Cis and whenever we have girly chats about men, we really don't ask for much. Sure height, good looks, e.t.c are nice, but all we really ask, is that you turn up for a date, freshly washed and in clean clothes. That's it! Also (in my friend group at least) we prefer a tummy over 6 pack abs any day! Xxx

Awesome, I'm moving to Scotland lol. I'm 5'5" and I'd be right on average there. Although going around town here I find that occasionally I'm taller than cis-seeming men, so there's that. I'm also finding that having worked on my posture with working out, etc, I'm coming across as taller than I am. Maybe also the floofy hair adds another inch or so, depending on wind. :)

•  

Moomin

Yay more trans people in Scotland! :) I'm in Glasgow myself and I love it here! I've noticed a lot of guys wear biker boots that have a bit of a heel. Doesn't look like they are "trying" to look taller, but gives a good couple of inches. At 5 foot 5 you''ll be absolutely set! X
  •  

FTMax

Quote from: Moomin on January 29, 2017, 07:13:55 AM
Yay more trans people in Scotland! :) I'm in Glasgow myself and I love it here! I've noticed a lot of guys wear biker boots that have a bit of a heel. Doesn't look like they are "trying" to look taller, but gives a good couple of inches. At 5 foot 5 you''ll be absolutely set! X

Can cosign this. I wear boots most of the time for two reasons: slight added lift, and boots in general IMO make your feet look bigger.
T: 12/5/2014 | Top: 4/21/2015 | Hysto: 2/6/2016 | Meta: 3/21/2017

I don't come here anymore, so if you need to get in touch send an email: maxdoeswork AT protonmail.com
  •  

Kylo

I wear biker style or tac boots most of the time, they usually add 1.5 to 2 inches in height, but that wasn't the reason I started wearing them years back. It was for protection while working in the club, moving heavy stuff, dealing with crowds, etc. I've been wearing boots for so long I can't stand shoes that leave your ankles unprotected/unsupported. (In that profession they required some of us to wear something with steel toe caps lol)
  •  

Hughie

Brilliant. :) I do love boots. And Scotland.

Biker boots would be great. Can I get away with them in the office? I was thinking of something like a Chelsea boot. I've got a couple pairs of brogues. I'm into the boot suggestion though, for height and comfort!

•  

Moomin

Plus boots just look great! I love biker boots on guys! You can definitely get away with the more chelsea looking biker boots in the office. My brother wears the more "workman" steel toecap boots everywhere. My friend Alistair is Cis and 5"2, he wears the cool New Rock boots, which have huge metal heels and they look aces! Not so much for the office though lol.

I'm 5"8 myself and my girlfriend is 5"7, Its fun when we both wear heels and "loom" over Glasgow :)
Good luck and I hope you love Scotland as much as I do! If your near Glasgow, there are loads of cool LGBT meetups. The board game and coffee/cake nights are awesome! X
  •