Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Height

Started by Kylo, January 26, 2017, 06:12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaptorChops

I'm 5'6 and my height doesn't bother me at all. One of the dudes I work with is 5'3-5'4, super skinny (wears the same shoe size as me) and is a professional skateboarder. So height don't matter it's all about how you carry yourself :)

Honestly the only thing that bothers me is my hand size but that's about it.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I dunno.
  •  

Alexthecat

It only really bugs me if there's a guy that is really tall and makes me seem so short in comparison. Then when people post height topics it can be triggering because I don't think about height on a daily basis.

•  

Kylo

I don't think anyone likes standing next to someone who makes them feel they're at the bottom of a well  ;D
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

xSMITHx

I'm 5'4 and couldnt' care less. I wouldn't want to be super tall. Carry yourself with confidence!
  •  

CursedFireDean

I'm 5'3" if I'm generous and it used to bother me a lot. I seriously considered one of those leg lengthening surgeries but I'm allergic to most pain meds and so I wasn't going to prioritize it. Now that I've been on testosterone for a while and I pass more regularly, it doesn't bother me as much. I definitely think about it a lot less. Sure I'd love to be taller, but I'm fine where I am too. I tend to comfort myself because of my foot size- I have the average male foot size even though I'm significantly shorter than average. I not only got large feet for an AFAB person of my height, but large feet if I were a cisguy my height too. I find that comforting (plus I can make the "you know what they say about big feet" jokes).

Ultimately I think my discomfort with my height was just made worse by my not passing. I blamed my not passing on my height. So now that I DO pass, I don't hold that grudge anymore.

Check me out on instagram @flammamajor
  •  

Kylo

I wouldn't care so much if it were not for the strange fact people love to start crap with me. I think it'll happen more frequently in the future.

If people felt it fine to threaten or threaten to beat up what looked like a girl, they aren't going to think twice if it looks like a boy.

"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

arice

I'm 5'8" which is decent but I always wanted to be taller. I used to fantasize about being 6"... but just like growing a penis, it didn't happen.
That said, I am in my 30s and another 4" of height isn't going to magically appear and I'm not going to hurt myself for added height.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

•  

east

I'm 5'4 and used to be much more self-conscious about my height when I didn't pass, even though the height alone wasn't hindering my passing. Way before I even knew what trans meant I always wanted to be taller, as I was usually the shortest in my class. It didn't help that most of my classmates were a year or two older.

I didn't know the leg lengthening surgeries were a thing, but I personally wouldn't consider it now. There's plenty of cis men who are around the same height as me anyway, and it hasn't caused me any problems besides probably making me look extremely nonthreatening.
  •  

harlee

I am 5'7 (very grateful I'm not any shorter) and I go through stages at times where I hate my height and wish to be taller. I came to realise that it's not "being short" which bothers me.. it's the reason WHY I'm short  :icon_anger:

•  

ghostbees

I'm 5'2
I've never really thought about it much tbh
I just walk with confidence that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Loki's playing tricks again ::)
  •  

CMD042414

5'8 and I'm good with it. Of course 6'2 would be nice but what can ya do? As long as I am as tall or taller than most women, which I am, I'm OK.
Started T: April 2014
Top Surgery: June 2014
Hysterectomy: August 2015
Phalloplasty: Stage 1-August 2018
  •  

PurpleWolf

Searching for old topics...  ;)

I've worn platform shoes before  ;D! Yeah that made a huge lift in my confidence (and helped with passing). I've also considered shoe lifts. That's a possibility! Funnily I just heard that my dad's uncle used to wear those!!! I didn't even know!

I've also half-seriously considered that leg-chopping operation!!! But only half-seriously.

Usually I'm just fine with it... Like I'm used to being this short. It helps when I see guys around my height every day so...!

But I do have a thing for platform shoes though  ;)
!!!REBIRTH=legal name change on Feb 16th 2018!!!
This is where life begins for me. It's a miracle I finally got it done.

My body is the home of my soul; not the other way around.

I'm more than anything an individual; I'm too complex to be put in any box.

- A social butterfly not living in social isolation anymore  ;D -
(Highly approachable but difficult to grasp)

The past is overrated - why stick with it when you are able to recreate yourself every day
  •  

JHeron

Yeah I am one of those crazy ones that plans on getting the surgery when I can afford it. I'm 5'4 and it's always been a dream of mine to hit 5'7 - the surgery you're referring to is called Cosmetic Limb Lengthening and it's seen as a bit radical by some but I'm set on it (have been since I was a 16 or so) It's an intense surgery though so it needs to be done with a reputable Dr. that can make it as safe as possible - if you choose to go that route. Personally I've never really wanted to be "tall" just wanted to be average instead of pint or "fun" sized.
Suffering -- had given her a heart to understand what my heart used to be.
  •  

SonadoraXVX

Knowing I have seen a few gg's at 5'10" or above. I'm 5'10". Wished I was 5'8", but I make do at 5'10". 5'10" is the absolute maximum I'm comfortable with, so I'm good :)
To know thyself is to be blessed, but to know others is to prevent supreme headaches
Sun Tzu said it best, "To know thyself is half the battle won, but to know yourself and the enemy, is to win 100% of the battles".

•  

invisiblemonsters

i'm 5'2" give or take and my height used to bother me. however now that i pass and what ever, i don't really care. i don't think my height has hindered my ability to pass but then again, i have a beard and had top surgery and a deep voice so if someone misgendered me, i'd look at them like they're crazy. the only people who get on me about my height are other guys but i know guys my height too and we don't seem to care when people mention it. i don't feel short though and i feel like if you complain about your height, etc. it's a turn off for most people and more people will make fun of you for it because they know it gets to you. i know girls who won't date short guys for the fact that they complain about their height and aren't confident. my height hasn't stopped me from doing what i want to do, etc. so i don't care about my height. it doesn't stop me from getting women, it doesn't stop me from my career, and it doesn't stop me from being happy. i know some people look at me and think i can't do what others can but then i just prove them wrong.
  •  

cartowheel

I'm only 5'1" (I feel like I should be around 5'7", considering the heights of the men in my family), and around 80% of people my age are taller than me and it makes me super dysphoric.  Doesn't help that society says that a 'short' man is 5'10" or shorter.  Like.  No, that's tall.

BUT, I also see a lot of cis guys my age or older who are my height or shorter than me, just out and about, and it reminds me that my height does not, in any way, make me less of a man than anyone else. 

I've also considered getting those shoe inserts that make you a couple inches taller.   :laugh:
Began questioning: Around 2011?
Chose to identify as a genderfluid transman: Around 2014ish
Came out completely: 2017
Began using new name: 2017
Starting HRT: 2018
Complete legal name change: 2018
  •  

meatwagon

well at 5'5" and partly Scottish descent, at least now I can claim it's normal for my genetics.. good to know.  I'm not super bothered by my height usually, but I get tired of seeing people act like 6' is the minimum "man height", even so that's well above average here.  women especially tend to do this.  it's kinda the same issue with genital size, people having a really inflated idea of what's actually normal.  all that said, I love the feeling of being tall when I have higher shoes on, especially being able to reach stuff better and not feel like I'm being looked down at/on all the time.  I'm bookmarking that shoe website.
  •  

Kylo

Yeah, being 5'6" ish is usually more like 5'7" or 5'8" depending on if I'm wearing regular shoes or some types of walking or combat style boots. I forget when I'm around most people I'm generally wearing something that by default just happens to make me taller. For a lot of guys the extra height is in the legs rather than the torso so when everyone's sitting around chilling out we all look roughly the same anyway.

I'm adverse to the idea of getting any sort of shoes or things that deliberately make me taller, but most do a bit anyway. I guess I do not want to get used to the feeling and then feel obligated to keep doing it or something.
  •  

SeptagonScars

I've never really been bothered by my height, which is been 5'6". I like that I can more easily hide in a crowd with my height, sit comfortably in a car, rarely ever have to worry about low ceilings even in old houses, that I don't as easily come off as intimidating to other people, that people are more likely to be protective of me than picking a fight, etc. I've simply noticed that this is a very practical and safe height to be at, even though I can't quite reach the top shelf. Not that often I need to anyway.

Only thing I can think of that might be on a negative note is that had I been straight, I probably would have been insecure about women not liking a guy who is their height or shorter. Not that I think that's true though. But I'm gay so having a partner who's a lot taller than me isn't an issue for either of us, cause of same gender and gay cis couples are gonna be one shorter/one taller in most cases as well.

I don't have a boyfriend now, but my lover is 6'6" and we probably look a bit odd together out in public, not only cause he's a foot taller than me (I reach up to his chest) but also significantly older, but that doesn't bother neither him nor me.
Mar. 2009 - came out as ftm
Nov. 2009 - changed my name to John
Mar. 2010 - diagnosed with GID
Aug. 2010 - started T, then stopped after 1 year
Aug. 2013 - started T again, kept taking it since
Mar. 2014 - top surgery
Dec. 2014 - legal gender marker changed to male
Jul. 2018 - came out as cis woman and began detransition
Sep. 2018 - stopped taking T and changed my name to Laura
Oct. 2018 - got new ID-card

Medical Detransition plans: breast reconstruction surgery, change legal gender back to female.
  •  

Claas

I'm 5'5 and of asian descent. My father is about one foot shorter than me, sadly I'm not growing anymore though.
But if I had the money, I would get leg lengthening surgery asap.
  •