Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Funny News

Started by Reyes, February 27, 2017, 09:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reyes

So this is something hilarious that happened to me yesterday that I had to share.
Okay so yesterday I decided I wanted to start trying to train my voice.
So I looked up how, and  I didn't realize it right away, but I've been doing that larynx training for years now talking to my dog in a higher pitched voice! lol :3
Sunday, November 15th 2015/Sunday, August 7th 2016/Wednesday, May 10th 2017 x2

•  

JeanetteLW

Ahh so just become a dog whisperer and you're all set?
  •  

Reyes

Lol, I dunno about that.

But I have a semi handle on pitch, but it's way to nasally and high pitched.

I'm trying to start training with the resonance of my voice, but honestly I can't figure out how to do it.

•  

Barb99

Ah yes, resonance. I just couldn't get that concept no matter how much self training I tried. It wasn't until I had a few sessions with a voice therapist that I had the "oh, that's what it is moment". Now after 3 months and 10 sessions I am very confident that my voice will get to where I want it without any surgery!

It feels so good when my voice comes out sounding female to me. It's only a matter of time now before it just works without me having to think about it.
  •  

Reyes

Can you describe what that is? Writing is how I learned I was doing pitch correctly. Vids haven't helped. And guides basically nothing but complicated muscle names don't help either, lol

Maybe I just haven't found a good one yet. Still searching.

•