Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

New experience - heavy/dangling earrings

Started by Denise, February 07, 2017, 02:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denise

Wow - Not the sensation I expected.  I'm not sure what I expected but ... wow.  I love um. 

Can't wait until full time to wear them all the time.
1st Person out: 16-Oct-2015
Restarted Spironolactone 26-Aug-2016
Restarted Estradiol Valerate: 02-Nov-2016
Full time: 02-Mar-2017
Breast Augmentation (Schechter): 31-Oct-2017
FFS (Walton in Chicago): 25-Sep-2018
Vaginoplasty (Schechter): 13-Dec-2018

A haiku in honor of my grandmother who loved them.

The Voices are Gone
Living Life to the Fullest
I am just Denise
  •  

Rambler

Earrings are one thing I've been holding off on for fear of outing myself before I'm ready
But, just like the rest of my transition, it's been on my mind more and more. I wonder how long it will be before I bite the bullet and just get it done, weird looks be damned!
Up and away and off I go to lose my mind and find my soul.
  •  

JeanetteLW

I've had double piercings for more than 30 years. Back then even one in your left earlobe was enough to make you suspect. Now days males getting their ears pierced is no big deal.

I have a pair of heavy large hoops I love. (in my profile picture) They are heavy enough to feel weird and started to hurt after a short time wearing them. I've gotten used to them now and really like the weight the have. I like danglely ones too. but they are fairly dressy and I feel I need to dress for them.

Most people don't even notice pierced ears these days or don't bother to comment on them. Then there"s my grand daughter that noticed mine during a visit and wanted to see if the hole still went through when I told he they were old from my wild youthful days.  :embarrassed:

Jeanette
  •  

StillAnonymous

Earings completely slipped my mind!  I think it's because my hair mostly covers my ears.  Now, I am curious about getting little ones because I think they are cute.

•  

JoanneB

Aint it?

I love the feel of my big hoops or chandelier earrings dangling, pulling, swaying, even the occasional snagging on clothes or hair. 
.          (Pile Driver)  
                    |
                    |
                    ^
(ROCK) ---> ME <--- (HARD PLACE)
  •  

Anne Blake

Earrings are just so much fun; hoops, dangles.......inexpensive, colorful and fun! I just love them. And the good thing is that if you are not out, simple small posts are not even noticed in the world anymore and they are easily explained as wanting to experience a whim, not a problem for either gender. - Anne
  •  

sarah1972

Initially I had the same thought you had and wanted to push it out as long as I could. Tried clip ons for a while but they do not dangle enough, they just stick. Then I just went and had my ears pierced. I only got one real reaction to it from my neighbor (who is not aware of what is going on): She now wants her husband to pierce his ears... he does not want to.

Everyone else just ignored it.

Unless you have specific job requirements about piercings: go for it!

Quote from: Rambler on February 07, 2017, 05:42:13 PM
Earrings are one thing I've been holding off on for fear of outing myself before I'm ready
But, just like the rest of my transition, it's been on my mind more and more. I wonder how long it will be before I bite the bullet and just get it done, weird looks be damned!

•  

davina61

well I will be 62 in April and as a birthday pressy to myself want my ears pierced. But that my out me at work WTF do I care just makes it sooner than later{planed on October)
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Georgette

I have had pierced ears since 1975.  At first, before transition, had to take some ribbing about them.  Always wore studs for work.  Now I have been wearing only dangling wire type for more than 3 years.

Recently got my 2nd set done.  Still a bit tender for dangling.  Have longer acrylic nails, maybe 3/8 " long, and can be hard to get studs in/out.  Would love to hear from others with any advice.
Want to wear multiple dangling for special times.  Never wore hoop types, would always catch them with my fingers.

Find some that are heavy can be a bit sore after all day (up to 12-15 hours).

Some are long and catch with my seat belt in car, and I do not love that at all.
AMAB - NOV 13 1950
HRT - Start 1975 / End 1985
Moved in with SO ( Also a MtF ) - 1976 / She didn't believe in same sex marriage
Name Change - NOV 30 1976
FT - Formal letter from work - APR 12 1977
SRS - SEP 13 1977
SO died - OCT 03 2014  38 years not a bad run

•  

Denise

Quote from: davina61 on February 13, 2017, 03:48:27 PM
well I will be 62 in April and as a birthday pressy to myself want my ears pierced. But that my out me at work WTF do I care just makes it sooner than later{planed on October)

Honestly, maybe a handful of people would notice and only 1 maybe 2 would say anything.  Just say something like - midlife crisis.  Follow with "It was cheaper than a Vet" or "Wanna see my belly [nipple] pierce too?"  (That will shut them up real quick!)

The Voices are Gone
I am just Denise
  •  

Cindy

Just a caveat on long heavy ear rings. I have torn one of my ear piercings because the ear rings were too heavy, it didn't tear completely out of the lobe but got close enough that I cannot wear anything in that piercing again.
  •  

Denise

Quote from: Cindy on February 19, 2017, 12:53:48 AM
Just a caveat on long heavy ear rings. I have torn one of my ear piercings because the ear rings were too heavy, it didn't tear completely out of the lobe but got close enough that I cannot wear anything in that piercing again.

Ouch - by heavy I mean heavier than studs like 1/2 inch (1cm) ish hoops.  Thanks for the warning though.

The Voices are Gone
I am just Denise
  •  

RavenMoon

I've had both ears pierced since about 1980. I had the left done back about 1977. I have three holes in that ear.

I don't generally wear dangling earrings, but I do sometimes. My hair covers them anyway. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Lyric

TV morning show host Kelly Ripa recently had surgery to close up her earring holes because they that enlarged too much from years of heavy earrings. I dunno. I've never had anything pierced. I read that supermodel Claudia Schieffer never got her ears pierced until well into her 30s. I've got a bunch of decent clip-ons that look fine to me. Call me squeamish, but a holy one I'm not.
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." - Steve Jobs
  •