News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Level 1

Started by oakleafwolf, April 27, 2017, 02:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakleafwolf

Level 1, fight!

Just started a new series of life changes aimed at losing weight. From what I understand, T will work better if I'm smaller, since fat cells produce estrogen, but even aside from anything related to transition, I've been wanting to do this for myself.

My very rough plan is to replace soda with water, and plan 90% of my meals to be cooked at home. Good for my waist and wallet both sounds like a  win-win to me! I'm also going to try to get down to the fitness room at my complex and start weight training and cardio a couple times a week.

I've got a long way to go. I'm over 300 pounds, and my goal is about 190. I wanted to post here because I'm on day 2 and telling other people about it helps give accountability.

Weight loss first, then (hopefully!) T and weight training to build muscle later. ^^
  •  

Dena

Welcome to Susan's Place. I suspect you will find that T will help you lose weight and build muscles. Men have a natural strength advantage over women because of T but it come at the cost of requiring more calories to support the muscles. It  may also come with an appetite so you will need to watch the calories or you will eat to fill the additional need and not lose the weight you are attempting to lose.

As for diet, the best things to watch out for are anything that contains sugar or fat. Fat has about 3 times the calories per unit of volume so you need to be more careful about it. If you get tired of water, you can allow something with an artificial sweetener or use a squeeze of lemon or lime. Where I am, ice tea is pretty common and I like it with lemon and a just a little artificial sweetener.

When I transitioned, I allowed myself one hamburger a week at the local dairy queen and the rest of my meals were cooked at home. I figured it cost between a half and a third what eating out would cost. Now I have memberships to Costco and Sam's club so buying in bulk gives me even greater savings over what I would spend in the local store.

For starters, one thing you might consider doing is taking about a half hour walk each day. It will help burn off some calories and it will be a nice break from your routine.

Good luck with your plan.

We issue to all new members the following links so you will best be able to use the web site.

Things that you should read

Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •