Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Help!

Started by Rfisher0175, February 27, 2017, 09:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rfisher0175

I'm seriously considering transitioning and don't know were to begin. Lately I've been doing a lot of thinking on my past and how I've never really been into"boy" things, my crossdressing at a young age, and many other things that just struck me as odd at the time. The more I read about other people's transitions the more I think that it's what I need to do. I'm so confused. I know no one can tell me what to do but can someone give me some advice on where to begin?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

•  

Hope springs

The beginning is the easy part. Wear womans clothes as often as possible and see how it makes you feel. Then get thee to a therapist. They can help sort through the confusion. I was really confused for a while before i went to a therapist.
  There are many shades of gray in this. Non binary, gender fluid etc etc. But just be honest with yourself and let your true feelings guide you.
  •  

Rfisher0175

I do wear women's clothes as often as possible. I love they way they make me feel and wish I could wear them more but my wife is so not on board with me wearing them. She found them once and it was bad. I'm currently unemployed and on state insurance so I'm not sure what my ins will pay therapy wise. Just really confused and not sure were to go from here.

•  

Rfisher0175

I also wanted to add that I've been wearing women's clothes in secret since before puberty. I used to wear my grandmother's night gowns to bed when I'd spend the night at her house. I've been confused since I was very young. I know where my feelings want to take me but, and I'm sure this goes for everyone here, I'm scared as hell of the ridicule I'll get from my family. My friends not so much as if they were true friends they'd support me in this. So I just don't know what to do. Stay as a man and be miserable or transition and finally be happy with my self. Ugh! Thanks for letting me vent btw.

•  

JeanetteLW

I will also echo the "Get a gender therapist" mantra as will most people here. A gender therapist will help you explore those feelings and thoughts you have. They will help you reach a decision and help you come up with a plan to implement it.
   Welcome to Susan's Place, there is help to be had here for those that want it.

Hugs,
    Jeanette
  •  

Rfisher0175

Thanks I'm working up the courage to call

•  

Dena

Welcome to Susan's Place. As other have said, see a gender therapist as your next step. That will allow you to connect with any treatment you desire and it will document your journey should you desire surgery at a latter date. You will have to make the decision if you want to transition but my vote is yes. I have no regrets with my decision many years ago. I faced many difficult issues getting to surgery but I am comfortable with myself and haven't had any desire to return to my old life.

We issue to all new members the following links so you will best be able to use the web site.

Things that you should read

Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •