Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Is it safe to dilate without lubricant?

Started by LilyRobinson241092, March 15, 2017, 02:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilyRobinson241092

So I'm nearly 9 months post-op and recovery so far has gone well. I had an issue with the small dilator early on and the nurse just advice I stop using it if there were issues and just use the large one. Was a bit painful at first but soon past.

9 months on dilating has got very easy and the only thing I hate about it is the fact it is messy. So last week I decided to give it a go without lube and it seemed to work well enough. Got to depth with no issues, wasn't painful. Just felt same as usual but with less mess.

So my question is, is it safe to dilate without lube?
  •  

jfong

Should be ok if you have enough moisture and didn't feel any discomfort from it. Lube is just to aid in reducing friction so you won't peel the skin away from excessive rubbing.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

•  

apsharas

Right now even while the internal part if moist, it gets stuck on the outer labia if I don't lube it properly or don't put lube at least in the entrance.

Regarding messiness, you could try different lubes. I bought a ton of the lube Chettawut gives and it's pretty "solid" and clean, but whenever I use Aquaglide (what I can find around here) it is so liquid that I always make a mess. Need to try K-Y jelly.
  •  

Mariah

That is another thing to take note of especially early on that extra lube can make it much easier to dilate as your increasing sizes and healing. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •