Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

On being Liz

Started by LizK, March 08, 2017, 05:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

Hi Liz,

I am so glad that you got your bracelet back. I know that you said it means a lot to you. A new hip too? oh my you are turning into the bionic woman you are. I sure hope all goes well with your superannuation request and your surgeries. Yeah both of them. Talk to you again soon.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Jessica

Liz, it was so sweet of your wife to help you sort out plans, and in such a loving way.

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Shy

Well that was lovely post to wake up to this morning Liz, much better than the electric bill I got :)

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •  

Kendra

Liz, this is great!  And I am so glad you have your bracelet back. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Jayne01

Liz, I was so happy to read you got your bracelet back. It's nice to know there are still honest people out there. Then there is the new hip, GCS, you are going to be one busy girl this year. I am sending you my best wishes.

Jayne
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: ElizabethK on May 01, 2018, 10:45:34 PM

Today I attended a sugical consult in regards to my bad hip...I have to have a new hip one...a hip replacement at 55...bugger...and I have to have it ASAP....now what that means is it is supposed to be done within 90 days but we will see what happens because I doubt it will happen that quickly. I will be glad to lose my cane which I have had for the last few years although the surgeon did say I needed my right side doing as badly as this side but that will be for another time. I have emailed my surgeon, as with these things it is more likley to go well over 90 days before they will get to me and it could easily be towards November before I have my new hip which of course could potentionally cause me issues if Dr Ives has some rules around how close together he will do surgeries. I should know fairly soon what his parameters are.

My wife was told this morning she needed a new hip also ASAP.  She is quite concerned, but she is, like you Elizabeth, near the golden time of 60 where it is the best age for hip replacement. 

Hugs, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

LizK

Thanks to you all for the kind words of support. The bracelet was a highlight for sure. Unfortunately there has been a change on the hip front.

I emailed my GCS surgeon to find out any special requirements he may have if I am having a hip replacement. He came back saying my hips need to be at 90 degrees for 3 hours and the operation was considered a "dirty" op. I did mention it too the nurse at the time of the interview after being scheduling, saying I was having major surgery in November. She was not overly concerned.

I ended up speaking to an admission nurse yesterday and explaining that my November Surgery could not be changed. She spoke to the surgeon and it was decided by them that I would have to wait until after my GCS to have my hip done. The arrangement being that when I have complete skin integrity again I can then go back on the waiting list to have my hip done. So not a great outcome but not a terrible one either. They very very nice and it was about not risking the new hip so soon after it being fixed as there is a period where they are prone to dislocation.

At the request of my father I had a very controlled conversation with him over skype. My mother was absent again. I managed to get through it with only a little misgendering or misnaming. I did not ask nor did I draw him out on anything to heavy and as soon as the "fluffy stuff" had been talked about I found an excuse to end the call. He suggested we do it again soon, I smiled and wished him goodnight. I was only upset for a short period of time and rallied again by 7 or 8 last night. Today I am fine unlike other times when it would drag me down for days...I guess you call that progress  ;)

So today is my 2 year TRANIVERSARY I started my HRT 2 years today. Wow what a ride!!! I never realised how much crap the average Trans man/woman has to put up with on a daily basis, there are examples everywhere I look, along with sexism and racism. However in amongst this there are pockets of great people and I have been blessed to find many of them here. Susan's has been one of the great constants in my life since the beginning of my Transition. I have met some wonderful people here and forged some lifelong friendships.

I have had a few losses along the way, but the gains I have made for the peace of my own spirit have been enormous. My daily nagging dysphoria has on most days disappeared, it no longer consumes my every thought. I feel much happier as me and free of many of the hang-ups I had.

I look back and think about the first time I met Cindy at the Glenelg for coffee. Still so very unsure and jumping at my own shadows. I am now learning to embrace my newly found "femaleness" just wanting to blend in as a another female in the crowd. I think I manage that most of the time. I am mostly gendered correctly or not at all. I tend to be "othered" a lot but on those rare occasions where I am treated as a female it makes me so stupidly happy. I think as my transition progresses and I get older I will blend in more and more as I naturally fall in the social roll more easily and HRT continues to work its subtleties.

Only 201 days 17 hours 27 mintues  till GCS day...not that I am counting LOL You really know its going to happen when you start appopriating items needed for recovery...the reality is sinking in and the excitement may be sitting just under the surface somewhere....its many many years in the making. Both my Daughters found out on the weekend I was having surgery and both were so supportive with one telling me its "my time" to look after me and another telling me she doesn't care about the surgery and just wants me to be happy. I love them both so much.

I am going to try and catch up on everyones threads whilst I am here and I am pretty sure that it won't be too much longer until I able to once again spend more time here with you all.

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Anne Blake

Hi Liz,

Congratulations on your 2nd year TRANIVERSARY! I just looked back in my PM history and saw that you and I began conversing 2 years ago this August. It has been a pleasure enjoying watching your progress along with each of our stumbles from time to time. Back then I could not well imagine that either of us would get this far along, yet here we are and both of us happy. Good on you girl!

Tia Anne
  •  

Kendra

Two years HRT!  Wow - congratulations, and so many accomplishments along the way.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Laurie

Of course I have to add my condol Congratulations Liz, Girlfriend, confidant, whipping post, counselor, and just plain friend. 2 whole years! and your GCS is only 201 days away. What great progress.

Thank you for being here for me.

Love ya,
  Laurie

•  

davina61

Excuse to bake another cake then , well done love must be 200 days now not that anybodys counting ---------
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Anne Blake on May 09, 2018, 09:48:33 PM
Hi Liz,

Congratulations on your 2nd year TRANIVERSARY! I just looked back in my PM history and saw that you and I began conversing 2 years ago this August. It has been a pleasure enjoying watching your progress along with each of our stumbles from time to time. Back then I could not well imagine that either of us would get this far along, yet here we are and both of us happy. Good on you girl!

Tia Anne

I remember being focussed on just getting HRT for a start...and now here we are all this time down the track and its GCS at the top[ of my list.

I was surprisd to find out that even after 2 years there are still members of my family who don't know what to call me? Go figure...

Quote from: Kendra on May 10, 2018, 12:07:24 AM
Two years HRT!  Wow - congratulations, and so many accomplishments along the way.

Thankyou Kendra you are a love

Quote from: Laurie on May 10, 2018, 12:46:13 AM
Of course I have to add my condol Congratulations Liz, Girlfriend, confidant, whipping post, counselor, and just plain friend. 2 whole years! and your GCS is only 201 days away. What great progress.

Thank you for being here for me.

Love ya,
  Laurie

Whipping post? now I thought we were not going to talk about that LOL

It has been a pleasure getting to know not only you but all the great people that support me...it has been a real rollercoaster of emotions along the way and from that has grown a great and precious friendship.

Quote from: davina61 on May 10, 2018, 03:06:02 PM
Excuse to bake another cake then , well done love must be 200 days now not that anybodys counting ---------

Oh a cake sounds wonderful...yes please!!! yes 200 days 20 hours and 4 minutes...not that anyone is counting!!
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Jayne01

Congratulations on 2 years, Liz. And only 200 days until GCS! Woooohooo! GCS is not yet at the top of my list, but I am discovering that as I meet one goal, a new goal appears in its place. One goal at a time, we are becoming more and more whole. Cake sounds like a great way to celebrate! May I have a piece please? [emoji39]

Jayne
  •  

Drexy/Drex

Congrats  Liz 😊
There's a good live rendition  of whiping post ala Mr Zappa 😇
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

LizK

My next door neighbour came over and as we were talking she said to me that her (highly religious, industrial accident investigator, anti LGBT) husband was going to work the other day when he noticed a woman getting out of her car at the park to walk her dog and his first thoughts were what a good woman to be out walking her dog...then 30 seconds later he realised it was me and just about had a fit. It blew his phobic mind that I looked like a woman...mind you it blew my mind also!!!

I laughed along with her and then she said " he doesn't know whether to call you he or she" I smiled at her and said..."He is not much of an investigator if he can't see I am a she" With that comment she roared with laughter and off she went...I told her to pass along to him that the woman in question was very pleased he had recognised her as such....

Who says I can't blend in LOL I must update my profile pic
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Laurie

Wow Liz that must have been a load of fun and affirming for you.  Yes I can see someone having a fit about their own inability to see a difference and blame  the woman he saw for it. Too rich!! Good for you.

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

Jessica

Quote from: ElizabethK on May 18, 2018, 11:01:03 PM
My next door neighbour came over and as we were talking she said to me that her (highly religious, industrial accident investigator, anti LGBT) husband was going to work the other day when he noticed a woman getting out of her car at the park to walk her dog and his first thoughts were what a good woman to be out walking her dog...then 30 seconds later he realised it was me and just about had a fit. It blew his phobic mind that I looked like a woman...mind you it blew my mind also!!!

I laughed along with her and then she said " he doesn't know whether to call you he or she" I smiled at her and said..."He is not much of an investigator if he can't see I am a she" With that comment she roared with laughter and off she went...I told her to pass along to him that the woman in question was very pleased he had recognised her as such....

What a great thing to have happen, wonderful!

Oh and congratulations on two years!

Hugs and smiles, Jess

•  

KathyLauren

Ha ha!  What a great, affirming story!  Being gendered correctly is a win, but messing with his head gets you bonus points.   >:-)
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

davina61

So pleased for you, it makes all the effort worth while. Hugs XXXX
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Shy

That's awesome Liz, I got confused for my mum the other week. Awkward was putting it mildly. You're response to his better half was classic. Good for you :)

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •